GR&R on Torque Wrenches - Seeking Example

cpine

Registered Visitor
Anyone out there have an example of performing GR&R on a torque wrench.

I have some ideas however I'm not sure that they are valid.

As always, thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Respectfully,

Cpine

S

sjvasudevan

hi...ur query is interesting....and never thought of.

I am also looking for inputs in this. Thanks in advance for responding,

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
cpine said:
Anyone out there have an example of performing GR&R on a torque wrench.

I have some ideas however I'm not sure that they are valid.

As always, thank you in advance for your time and efforts.

Respectfully,

Cpine
Check the AIAG MSA manual (I think it's Section 3, but maybe not) for methods of doing "destructive" MSA. (It's classified as destructive because the operators can't measure exactly the same thing each time.) It's Sunday, so I don't have any reference materials at hand, but I'll check this thread again tomorrow.

cpine

Registered Visitor
Just Confused

:bonk:

I thought of Nested ANOVA and if I were doing destructive testing, typically I would test the part to failure. With a torque wrench that would'nt be the case.

I must be missing an important part of the equation any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Cpine

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
cpine said:
:bonk:

I thought of Nested ANOVA and if I were doing destructive testing, typically I would test the part to failure. With a torque wrench that would'nt be the case.

I must be missing an important part of the equation any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Cpine
"Destructive," in this sense, doesn't mean that the parts get destroyed. It just means that the analysis must proceed as though the parts were getting destroyed, because the same measurement can't be made twice, as it can be when measuring a static part with calipers, for example.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
You really need to answer the question of how you are using the torque wrench first. Are you using it as a gage, or are you using it as the process itself?

In most cases, the torque wrench/driver is the process and should be evaluated with control charts and a capability study. The torque analyzer used to set a torque driver would be considered a gage and could be evaluated using a gage R&R.

S

sjvasudevan

If it is a dynamic torque analyser , it is considered to be similar to destructive test as we cannot measure the same part again.

Static Torque analyser can be done for GRR......but its only evaluating the driver not the torque wrench which is used to measure the torque in the tightened part.....am i right?

Top Bottom