Grade 3 accuracy requirement for gage block

J

jim Zilla

I am looking for the requirement or top level spec for Grade 3 gage block accuracy requirements. For clarity, if I have a Grade 3 gage block, and I send it out for calibration/verification and I receive variables data with the calibration cert. How do I know what the top level governing spec is and what is the tolerance as a function of length? I would appreciate it if someone could help steer me in the correct direction....Thanx, Jim

D

DICKIE

Jim,
The specifications are listed in ASME/ANSI B89.1.19m. I'll give you some of the tolerances all expressed in micro-inches.
0-1 inch +8 -4. 1-2 inches +16 -8. 2-3 inches +20 -10. 3-4 inches +24 -12. This was for grade 3 blocks. Hope this was what you were lookong for.

Greg

R

Ryan Wilde

The specifications are listed in ASME/ANSI B89.1.19m

That would be ANSI/ASME B89.1.9M (not 19m). Just for informational purposes, the standard for gage blocks is currently being *very* rewritten. The new standard will fall in line with ISO 3650 specifications. Welcome to the global community. Grades 0.5,1,2 and 3 will be gone, and all new grading/tolerances will be phased in. Just letting you know since it is probably your primary length standard.

Ryan

Top Bottom