Graphical Symbols - EN 980 - Labeling of Medical Devices and EN 60601-1 Symbols

S

SwidenS

Does anyone know of a site to obtain soft copies of the graphical symbols found in EN 980(Graphical Symbols for use in the labeling of medical devices)? There are also symbols in EN 60601-1, again, where can I find electronic copies for use?

Thank you.

Shari

H

Harold

I am not familliar with EN 980 but there is an ISO standard ISO 15223 Medical Devices-Symbols to be used with medical device labels, labelling and information to be supplied. This is available from the various groups that sell standards.

The FDA is considering adopting this standard but feels there would be confusion initially and they propose using the symbols but adding a written description in English to go along with the symbol. This kind of defeats the purpose of an international symbol.

Just one more standard to consider.

R

RosieA

For paper copies of any EN document try:
European Document Research
202-785-8594

There's also IEC60417-1 and -2, which is not medical device specific, but contains many more electronic symbols than 980 does.

T

TimMead

There is a font available for a very reasonable download cost, less than 20 GBP from what I remember.

Tim

Qara123

Involved In Discussions
If you are simply looking for the symbols in EN 980, this website may be helpful.

cetest.nl/medical-symbols-font.htm

ps. had to un-hyperlink the website, do a search on google and it should work

Q

L

liamkeene

HI Guys,

Where can I get the actual symbols?

I got 980 but need the actual symbols.

Thanks
L

L

liamkeene

HI Does anyone have acopy of symols for medical devices, I have 980 but cannot get the symbols?
thanks

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Try the google images search. Your search word must end with 'symbol'
Ex. warning symbol.
Do tell me if this meets your requirement.
Check the symbol with EN 980 before use

Top Bottom