Gravimetric blender for resin in automotive industry - periodical calibration via external lab with certification

Dears,

can someone help with me this topic? Is really neccessary, according to quality management - IATF 16949, to have "calibration wheel" from external laboratory on our gravimetric blenders including mandatory records of gauges? Or just preventive maintenance record and periodical self-calibration activities according to user manual enough? Can I find a formal support in any quality manuals for automotive industry compatible with IATF 16949 rules / recommendations?

Honestly, I am little bit confused. I understand that main part of gravimetric blender is relatively accurate scale and the malfunction affects the product quality, but this "rule" could be also applied on the other equipments ( like temperature controller, Injection / extruder unit with temperature sensors etc ) where PM record is fully sufficient for external auditors. What is your point of view?

Thank you in advance

BR

Martin Kučera

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Blender and Coating Equipment Quantity Calculations Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
H Resin Identification Code Applicability REACH and RoHS Conversations 1
H Marking of Resin Identification Code CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
A ISO 13485 Certification for Resin Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
F Component Molding and Over-molding - Handling Resin Inventory Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N Raw Material Supplier Approval (Inks, Resin, Masterbatch etc) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P "Bayer" Black Resin vs. Master Batch Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Plastic Resin designated as Significant Characteristic Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
P Does resin have expiry date (shelf life)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
Y Resin Use - Engineering Run to GMO run for the same Product US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Type 2 and Type 4 Certificate of Analysis differences in regards to Mold Resin Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
P PMMA IRK304 Resin and EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) Tape causes a Stain Mark Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
N Can I get a PPAP sample of Bulk Material (Plastic Resin)? APQP and PPAP 2
R Injection Molding - Resin Drying Specification for EASTMAN Tenite Propionate 385A Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
H Is there a Standard on the Reuse of Resin in Extrusion Process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Are Steel & Resin Suppliers Bulk Material Suppliers - TS 16949 PPAP APQP and PPAP 6
A Prototype Resin Transfer Moulds - Paste Layer Thickness - Construction Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Phenolic Resin - Colour Variation - Will oxidation change its color? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S IMDS of BASF plastic resin PA66 (Ultramid A3WG3) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
Ajit Basrur Is testing per ISO 10993 - 5 required for resin discoloration ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Bulk Material PPAP (Resin Suppliers) APQP and PPAP 3
Ajit Basrur Checklist for Auditing a Resin Supplier General Auditing Discussions 3
W DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Bulk Material - Resin for Plastic Injection Moulding FMEA and Control Plans 1
C When to submit a new PPAP? Colored resin pre-blended to blending it in-house APQP and PPAP 9