Grouping Products and Testing Sterile and Biocompatibility - Validating Products

Juzaili

Starting to get Involved
Dear Everyone..

i have another problem concerning about the validation on our product. Grouping products and testing-sterile and biocompatibility)

1) if i have a product that have the same intended used but have different raw material. can it be registered under one cert or need to separate it? (Sputum Cup- 2 type of raw material)

2) we have product that different intended used but but have same component in the product. (EXAMPLE-PROCEDURE SET)

anyone can elaborate to me pls..

(Newbie):bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Re: Grouping products and testing sterile and biocompatibility - Validating Product

Hi,

You are actually asking 3 separate questions:

1. Can 2 different devices be certified under the same certification
2. Do these devices need separate biocompatibility evaluations
3. Do these devices need separate sterility testing (I assume you mean sterilization validation)

WRT case A - sputum cups made of different materials (I assume all the rest is identical): Probably they can be certified together. Separate biocompatibility evaluation (not necessarily testing) will be required. Separate sterilization validation most likely won't be required unless the nature of the materials is such that necessitates a different sterilization method (e.g. one is Gamma compatible but the other isn't).

WRT case B - procedure sets that are identical content-wise but with different intended use: Separate certifications will be required. Separate biocompatibility evaluation will be required only if the duration of contact and/or type of tissue being contacted are different for the different intended uses. A single sterilization validation could be used for both.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Juzaili

Starting to get Involved
thank you for your explanation. :agree:

but im still Confucius. :confused::confused:

let me give another example that :bonk: me
(procedure set) blood giving set and basic dressing set have same content (dressing forceps, cotton ball and gauze swabs)

did we need to do a separate Biocompatibility - Validating Products.

can anyone elobrate to me more on this validation kind.. and the law of it in simple way to understand..
:(:confused::confused:

Juzaili

Starting to get Involved
One more thing..

Please clarify Biocompatibility evaluation component other than testing..
:confused:

I need a further understanding on this part..

Another question for which I need your assistance.

Where to get GMDN code...

for gamma sterile
we buy dose mapping on A product.
can we used this dose mapping on B products that about +- 10% of weight and same material used and same packaging..
can we used dose mapping on Product A on the Product B??
:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Grouping of Products for Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
S How to consider the relevant standards during development of ISO13482:2016 for IVD manufacturing Blood grouping Other Medical Device Related Standards 6
bio_subbu Indian government issues guidance on Grouping Medical Devices in a Single Submission Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
P Standards related to ER Checklist for Blood Grouping Reagents CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
W AS9100 Rev C PEARs - Grouping Processes Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.3 - Review of the requirements for products and services in a Cafe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K Multiple function device products EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Inggo28 Products Potentially Infected by Covid - 19 Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
C Combination Products - Distributor of the device? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
A Can a US manufacturer put export only products on a CFG? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R DFMEA/PFMEA mitigation of high severity (9-10) in low volume products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
shimonv FDA News FDA guidance on Multiple Function Device Products (8/2020) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Biocompatibility Testing - Multile products of different sizes and shapes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S ISO 45001 and outsourcing the transporation of products Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
R IVDR CE Mark for Class A products - Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S IATF 16949 - Partial traceability of Aftermarket products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 39
J Iterative design and production for custom made products ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Q Old products new class - Dental Devices - Choosing tests EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Design file for pre-existing products - Inputs and Outputs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
P Do I need to get registered or have German entity to sell IVD products in Germany? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Reduced sampling plan for sterial products APQP and PPAP 0
D Cleanroom Cleaning Products and Storage Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 18
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Validation of two nearly identical products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B Unit of Use DI (Device Identifier) - Products using the same device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
G Class IIa medical products - PMS report and PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 6
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
T API Q1 - Will I be able to maintain Q1 if I have products that fall under 6A Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
A VDmax25 and cGMP requirements for "research use only" products Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B QMS question in regards to multiple medical devices/products and N/A activities Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
H Re-labelling in IVDD - Re-label two products and package them as one CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
V IATF 16949 8.4.1 Control of externally provided processes, products and services - Should the CB be on our Approved Supplier List? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Similar scope medical products connected by WIFI US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
F Calibrating Gagemaker Products General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C AS9100D -8.5.1j - Accountability For All Products Tiny Parts AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational TGA – Current status of breast implant products in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
shimonv Recall - Is there a European regulation for recalls of products EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational EU – New designated Notified Body under the MDR – TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Design and development of products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Clause 8.2.2 Determining the requirements for products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Goldsmiths University will take beef products off the menu starting in September 2019 Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 19
T Product Labeling - Modified the name of one of our products EU Medical Device Regulations 5
J MDR Annex VIII, Rule 6 Classification - Implication for lower risk CV products? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Informational US FDA Final guidance – Postmarketing Safety Reporting for Combination Products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational BSI – ISO 13485 and products with May 2020 deadline for MDR certification Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency Annual Report and Accounts 2018 to 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0