GRR (Gage R&R) Nested Anova Method Example

Rameshwar25

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear All
Pl find attached excel sheet for calculating GRR using Anova method for Nested Study.
The attached file contains two sheets-one for 5 Parts, 3 App and 2 trials and second sheet for10 parts, 3 App and 3 trials.
The result for sheet1 have been verified using Minitab 16 and Minitab result is given in Sheet 1 in pictorial form. In fact, the data for sheet 1 are from gagenest.mtw which is supplied with Minitab 16.

Although I have prepared these sheets, i have one question left i.e. what is the use of calculating F and P values for nested study. Unlike Crossed study, we do not take any decision about interaction or non-interaction using F and P values. Then why do we need to calculate them?

I would very much appreciate some experts to answer my question and critically check the sheets.

Regards
rameshwar

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Barbara B

Rameshwar,

thanks for sharing the Excel-template :)

The formulas are used correctly except for ndc which is the smallest integer of the number calculated, so
ndc = 6.8334 -> ndc = 6
If ndc is less than 1, it is set to 1.

The F- and p-values in the ANOVA show if there are statistically significant differences between the readings of the operators (line "Operator" in Minitab, Appraiser in Excel-sheet) and if the measurements for different parts yield to different readings (line "Part (Operator)" in Minitab, Appraiser by part in Excel-sheet). As in the Gage R&R (crossed) you do not want to get different results with different operators, but there should be different measurements for different parts.

Due to the study design 1 part could only be measured 1 time, therefore there is no chance to calculate the difference of repeated measurements like in the Gage R&R (crossed) -> Repeatability = 0 and you can't determine an interaction between operator and part.

Best regards,

Barbara

Hello together,
what are the acceptance criterias for GRR nested? I have just transfered my data in this Excel-sheet from Rameshwar and have got the counted values.

Thanks in advance for answer

Vitaliy

Rameshwar25

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear Vitaliy
The acceptance critera for GRR calculated with Nested Anova Method is same as for Crossed Anova and Average & Range methods i.e. upto 10% accepted, above 10% and upto 30%-acceptable with deviation and beyond 30%- not acceptable.
I could not understand remaining part of your question. Pl clarify so that I can answer.

Regards
rameshwar

T

TamTom

Dear All
Pl find attached excel sheet for calculating GRR using Anova method for Nested Study.
The attached file contains two sheets-one for 5 Parts, 3 App and 2 trials and second sheet for10 parts, 3 App and 3 trials.
The result for sheet1 have been verified using Minitab 16 and Minitab result is given in Sheet 1 in pictorial form. In fact, the data for sheet 1 are from gagenest.mtw which is supplied with Minitab 16.

Although I have prepared these sheets, i have one question left i.e. what is the use of calculating F and P values for nested study. Unlike Crossed study, we do not take any decision about interaction or non-interaction using F and P values. Then why do we need to calculate them?

I would very much appreciate some experts to answer my question and critically check the sheets.

Regards
rameshwar
Hello,

I'm not very familiar with non-replicable MSA. And my English comes to its limits by the statistic vocabulary. Please mind this by reading my question.
We perform a temperature test with an messuring rod, where "paper" thermocouples are put on, and this "system" is then put into the melted alloy.

So I don't only have a non-replicable measuring because the melt change over the time, but also the thermocouples breakes after 3 measurings.

Is the nested Anova method useable for this system?

My idea was, to have anything, to hold the sytem in a furnace, and just have Method 1.

The temperature measuring is important for the process, so I want to have it in the Control Plan, and our ne Auditors are very strikt about the ISO/TS requirement, that all measuring equipment named in the CP must have a MSA.
So I'm welcome every bit of help!

Regards,

TamTom

S

sinan_guler

hey i need a anova analysis for my data. here i posted my data and it should be analysed in Minitab.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
hey i need a anova analysis for my data. here i posted my data and it should be analysed in Minitab.

Thank you very much.
welcome to the cove! :bigwave:

I have a few clarifying questions:
are you asking someone here to analyze your data for you? or do you have some concerns about the data itself?
why must it be analyzed in Minitab?

S

sinan_guler

welcome to the cove! :bigwave:

I have a few clarifying questions:
are you asking someone here to analyze your data for you? or do you have some concerns about the data itself?
why must it be analyzed in Minitab?
No it can be from other softwares but i need the analysis of the data (ANOVA)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How to perform a MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) A&R/ANOVA Vs GUM/VDA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S GRR (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility) for Material Strength Tester Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P New Part - How to choose what needs GRR (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K The basics of GRR (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
F GRR (Gage R&R) with Different Scales Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
J Type 1 GRR (Gage R&R) on a One Sided Specification Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
I Minitab ANOVA Gage R&R Error (vs. EXCEL ANOVA GRR Calculation) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
R MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) Requirement for CMM Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
Rameshwar25 What is the significance of Spread in Calculating GRR (Gage R&R)? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T When is GRR (Gage R&R) required? AIAG MSA Manual Version 4 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
H GRR (Gage R&R) Study for Digital Temperature Gauge Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
L %GRR/TV or /TW for GRR of One Sided Specification - Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
S Gage R&R (GRR) Study - Please comment on the results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
J Attribute GRR (Gage R&R) - How to get Kappa Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S p-Value(s) for Anova (Crossed) GRR (Gage R&R) Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D GRR (Gage R&R) procedure for Mitutoyo Digital Micrometer wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T % Gage R&R Calculation - 100x(GRR/ (Spec/6)) or 100x(GRR/TV) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 20
O The Basis of %GRR (% Gage R&R) and other Statistics - Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
A Effect of %GRR (% Gage R&R) on Cpk Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
F GRR (Gage R&R aka GR&R) on Laser Gages for Plastic Extrusion Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
B Sampling in GRR - Why do we need 10 samples to do a Gage R&R? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
C Gage R&R study definition - Results for GRR is .0005 - What does this number tell me? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
B How to get a sample that covers Process Variation for GRR (Gage R&R) study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
P Can anyone suggest a GRR procedure for a Multi step plug gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
D Best Gage R&R (GR&R - GRR) Method for Product Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
O Gage R&R Related Terms - EV, %EV, AV, %AV, GRR, %GRR, PV, %PV, TV, and P/T Ratio Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
O GRR (Gage R&R) Method for Camera Vision Inspection System Hardware and Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
B Combat Low Part to Part Variation in GRR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
A Cg, Cgk and GRR of a CMM Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L GRR for a tolerance that has changed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 9
T GRR based on part tolerance or process variation. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
J Question on very low NDC number with tolerable GRR ratio's Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
C Evaluating GRR Scores %Tol vs %TV Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
S GRR on ID with set of pin gauges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Q What does % study variation of 20% mean in GRR? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
C %GRR <10% not possible. How to get approval by auditor? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
V GRR Study on a Finished Product - Batch Manufacturing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Script of R software to conduct Nested GRR for Destructive Testing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
A Hypothesis test for Bias, not for GRR. WHY ?? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Calculating part variation from historic data for GRR study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
A Need MSA %GRR Interpretation Advice Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M GRR approach for off line Measuring Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P Does anyone have the GRR Formula? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
5 Reasonable GRR result for a 0-1" micrometer with a total tolerance of .002" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
T MSA - Should I compare my GRR to tolerance or to my sample? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
D What the impact is of a high %GRR/TV Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
V Sample Range for a valid GRR using ANOVA in Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2