GRR Study on a Finished Product - Batch Manufacturing

Hello all

My question is regarding GRR

We are the OEM of Medical devices, We manufacture 2 Products per year. I need to conduct GRR study on a finished product . currently we have only one product.

I have 2 Methods in mind
1) Conducting Nested GRR with 3 Operators and 5 parts ( Considering 5 repeats on a same product as as 5 parts) and 3 repeats
2) Conducting Type 1 gage study with 3 operators instead of 1 operator with 30 repeats.

Please let me know which method should i go with.Suggestion of any other methods will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Why are you considering a nested vs. a crossed R&R study? There was nothing in your post that indicates that you would need this.

Increasing the number of parts is more important to a good study than increasing the number of repeats.

A Type 1 study focuses solely on repeatability. As soon as you add more operators it is no longer a Type 1 study. Stick with a full R&R unless operator is a non-issue. Since you intended to add operators, that is obviously not the case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q What does % study variation of 20% mean in GRR? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
J Calculating part variation from historic data for GRR study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
H GRR (Gage R&R) Study for Digital Temperature Gauge Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S Gage R&R (GRR) Study - Please comment on the results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
C Gage R&R study definition - Results for GRR is .0005 - What does this number tell me? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Comparison Study - GRR - Reproducibility vs. 2-sample t Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
L How to determine if an interaction is significant in GRR Anova Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B How to get a sample that covers Process Variation for GRR (Gage R&R) study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
D Do all levels of a PPAP require a GRR study? And is the new PPAP out yet? APQP and PPAP 7
K Torque Gauge R&R - Non-Replicable GRR Case Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Howard Atkins Expected Values for EV, AV etc in a GRR Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
L GRR for a tolerance that has changed Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 7
T GRR based on part tolerance or process variation. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
J Question on very low NDC number with tolerable GRR ratio's Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
C Evaluating GRR Scores %Tol vs %TV Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
S GRR on ID with set of pin gauges Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
C %GRR <10% not possible. How to get approval by auditor? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
S Script of R software to conduct Nested GRR for Destructive Testing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
A Hypothesis test for Bias, not for GRR. WHY ?? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B How to perform a MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) A&R/ANOVA Vs GUM/VDA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S GRR (Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility) for Material Strength Tester Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P New Part - How to choose what needs GRR (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
K The basics of GRR (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A Need MSA %GRR Interpretation Advice Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M GRR approach for off line Measuring Equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
P Does anyone have the GRR Formula? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
5 Reasonable GRR result for a 0-1" micrometer with a total tolerance of .002" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
T MSA - Should I compare my GRR to tolerance or to my sample? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
D What the impact is of a high %GRR/TV Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
V Sample Range for a valid GRR using ANOVA in Minitab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
F GRR (Gage R&R) with Different Scales Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
R New to MSA - I was told to use ANOVA for the GRR's Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J Type 1 GRR (Gage R&R) on a One Sided Specification Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Analysis of GRR studies, MSA 4th Ed, Chapter III section B - Rigid Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Strange PT Ratio on an Excel spreadsheet for variable GRR ANOVA Method Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
A Customer Demands (MSA=Bias + GRR/2). Can somebody explain what it means? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
R ndc=0 and GRR=14% ??? Interpretation - basic question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
I Minitab ANOVA Gage R&R Error (vs. EXCEL ANOVA GRR Calculation) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
R MSA - GRR (Gage R&R) Requirement for CMM Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
Rameshwar25 What is the significance of Spread in Calculating GRR (Gage R&R)? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Rameshwar25 GRR (Gage R&R) Nested Anova Method Example Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 40
J CMM MSA - Can you use 1 GRR to satisfy requirement for all Key Features? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
M Minitab Type 1 Repeatability & GRR% of Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M Cp calculation on page 193 of the MSA 3rd edition May 2003 with %GRR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T When is GRR (Gage R&R) required? AIAG MSA Manual Version 4 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
L %GRR/TV or /TW for GRR of One Sided Specification - Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Attribute GRR (Gage R&R) - How to get Kappa Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2