Guidance - Cost of Good Quality

NamSing

Registered
Hi all,

I have been lurking on this forum for some time and I like to seek your guidance on a particular project that I am leading now.

I am still relatively new to a Quality department in an Industrial Automation company that I had joined some months back and my background is Semiconductor RnD Design.

Currently I am tasked to look at COGQ and to establish hours as a baseline for this year.

I had also immersed in the CoQ threads here and on the internet.

I just came out from a discussion with a quality peer and my mind is sort of stuck.

In that discussion, I had listed Technical documents review as one of the preventive action and the questions were asked and listed as below
1. How do you define and measure document review as a measurable metrics?
2. How do you measure effectiveness?

Any insights or guidance will be much appreciated. And if there are any suggestions that will also be much appreicated.

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
NamSing,

Welcome.

To answer your questions;

1: What do you do in document review? A metric could simply be "was it done on time", or "how much of it was done on time".
2: Effectiveness is how well you met the goal. Like in an exam if you scored 80%, you could say you were 80% effective in the subject knowledge.

On as side note what is cost of good quality?

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
If you understand what good quality is then the metrics should be easy.
Fro example, if you are doing document review to catch errors and mistakes then you treat it like any other inspection. How many defects/rejections do you have and how many escapes.

Top Bottom