SBS - The best value in QMS software

Hackers now aiming at Mac users

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
It's not specifically targeted at Macs. It's a java applet runtime exploit which is cross platform which includes linux and Windows OSes. Apple has depreciated java and it really shouldn't be turned on unless you know you specifically need it anyway.

Mac user? Go to /applications/utilities/java and run the Java Preferences app. Uncheck to disable. The latest version is Java SE 6 which just came out a couple of weeks ago. Unless there is a specific program you know you need java for {I do have one program which requires java myself, but I rarely use it}, java isn't of much use.

Just another 'social exploit' for dummies who probably also open email attachments from people they don't know (the "Someone has sent you a Hallmark Card" email title still shows up now and again...) : "People who bite and click the link are then prompted to run a Java applet."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Hackers unleash smart Twitter phishing tool that snags two in three users IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
Marc Hackers Scrape LinkedIn Member Profiles After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 12
Marc Hackers Use Banner Ads on Major Sites to Hijack Your PC After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
W Hackers and software developers - Colleagues working to make software better? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Hackers Tune In to Windows Media Player - Two new Trojans After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
QMMike SPC Software for MAC computers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
Marc Mac Users - What's coming in 2018 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc Microsoft to rip up P2P Skype, killing native Mac, Linux native apps World News 0
D Mac Users - Downloading pictures from my digital camera to iPhoto After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Marc Data Recovery from a Mac formatted LaCie 2 TB Drive After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
L Mac OS X Compatible CFR Part 11 Complaint QMS Software Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
D Mac users "Imovie" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
R Control Chart Software for Mac OS-X Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
R Need Help with MS-Excel for Mac Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
ScottK I just got my first Mac... any advice or recommended software? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
C OpenOffice Comes To The Mac After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Wes Bucey No safe harbor for Mac OS X? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
Marc Google Earth v4 Released: Mac and Linux Support at Last After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Marc Cripple a Mac simply by duping them into visiting a malicious web site After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Marc Mac users face first Apple virus? Or News and Virus Program supplier Hype After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
A Apple Macintosh - The US$500 Mini Mac - Anyone have one? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Mac OS X 10.4 'Tiger' will be released into the wild on April 29th 2005 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc The New Mini Mac! Apple Computer's January 2005 Coup? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Marc Linux on a Mac - #1 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0