Hair Cuts

H

hausser

Another summer activity was getting hair cuts - usually right before the "mid-summer" break, when occaisional new camper (AND PARENTS) would visit, and right before the end of the summer when PARENTS would arrive to pick us up. I seem to remember that the barbers would come out to the camp, and we sit out in the open in front of the Craft Shop where they'd "Buzz" us.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Strong Bow

haircuts

The "Tosebo Trim" was not exactly stylish, but it was quick. In Ross's time, I remember the Craft Shop being used, whike in the Tonkin's era, haircuts were done on the back porch of Welcome House. The barber for many years was Red Schaeffer, who had a shop in Onekema (complete with pool table) next to the Drug Store. I don't believe one asked for a haircut - it was more like getting drafted! DDW

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I was only there in 1960. :(

It was a neat place!

Yeah - the haircuts were pretty standard.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N ISO 22716 Cosmetics - Hygiene (hair restraints specifically) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M Scarf in Clean Room instead of Hair cover? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
J VDA audit, control plan - My hair is almost gone now VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
L Can a hair transplant apparatus be CE-marked as medical device? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Registrar Finding - Hair Nets and Beard Covers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
tsmith7858 Special accommodations to certain cultures - Hair nets - GMPs Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
A Preventive Action or Corrective Action - Paper cuts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
Ajit Basrur Singapore politicians to face salary cuts Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
I Prove or disprove that a cube can be cut in 27 smaller cubes in less than 6 cuts Brain Teasers and Puzzles 14
Marc Toyota Cuts Production Goal to 7-Year Low World News 1
bobdoering Fuel price cuts, economy crimp Honda World News 0
bobdoering Honda's in crisis mode, cuts outlook World News 0
Stijloor Stung Toyota cuts production deeper in N.A. World News 17
Marc Delphi Workers Accept Pay Cuts World News 0
W Ghosn Cuts Nissan Board Bonus World News 0
Marc Power cuts in Germany spark wave of blackouts across Europe World News 2
Marc Pilots suffered pay cuts, now pilots want payback World News 0
C Ford Motor Philippines Is Closing? Ford Cuts Jobs Around the World World News 0
Marc More Job Cuts in the US - AT&T Inc. plans to cut up to 10,000 jobs World News 0
Marc GM Dying in the US - GM ups job cuts to 30,000 jobs as it shuts plants, facilities World News 124
Marc CAW braces for job cuts at Ford World News 0
Marc Moody?s cuts GM, Ford debt to junk World News 7
Marc S&P cuts both Ford and GM's bond ratings to Junk status World News 10
J Metallurgical or tensile testing for new PPAP's or tooling re-cuts Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2