Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Halal Certification Procedure and Requirements help and examples wanted

K

Ka Pilo

Halal certification is a certificate of compliance of the religious requirement observed by all Muslims worldwide.

A

adickerson

Re: Can anyone share Halal certification procedure and requirements?

http: / www .ifanca.org/ifaq/ - BROKEN LINK UNLINKED

Does this link answer your questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sudu_india

Hello friends,
In one of the audits that I conducted at a catering facility. The catering facility sources smoked salmon from an approved supplier. But the supplier is not Halal certified. However on enquiry with the caterer, the caterer mentioned that it is not a requirement to have a supplier Halal complaince since fish (smoked salmon) is already Halal. Could anyone of you let me know if this is fine from Halal requirements that a supplier not certified to Halal standards because fish does not fall under the requirements?

Regards,
Sudarsan

Yes, I can confirm any fish (and crustaceans) caught from the sea are exempt from halal process preparations, as it is for kosher in Judaism, (slight variations in jurisprudence may be found for exclusions of less usual varieties however all are agreed that fish, with scales, are included). The Quran doesn't make any distinction and states "Made lawful to you is the fished from the sea and its food," Quran 5:96

Al Rosen

Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, I can confirm any fish (and crustaceans) caught from the sea are exempt from halal process preparations, as it is for kosher in Judaism, (slight variations in jurisprudence may be found for exclusions of less usual varieties however all are agreed that fish, with scales, are included). The Quran doesn't make any distinction and states "Made lawful to you is the fished from the sea and its food," Quran 5:96
I don't know about the Halal requirements, but even Kosher fish requires supervision (certification). It can't be allowed to come into contact with non- kosher food.

Top Bottom