Halloween question

Proud Liberal

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm looking for a way to decorate my wife orange VW beetle as a Jack-O-Lantern. Does anyone know of a substance (ie: paint) that I could apply but wouldn't harm the original paint on the car?

Short of that, where could I search out this type of info?

Thanx,
Proud Liberal

P.S. Happy Halloween

D

Dan Armstrong

Go to the automotive section of your local discount store. There are several brands of decorative "paints" made for just that purpose, with applicators like those used for shoe polish. They're usually used to decorate cars for weddings, sporting events, etc.

R

Randy Stewart

Dan,
Just noticed that you are in Morgantown WV. What a game last week for the Mountaineers!
My parents are from the southern end of the state so I just had to say hello.

B

Bob_M

Proud Liberal said:
I'm looking for a way to decorate my wife orange VW beetle as a Jack-O-Lantern. Does anyone know of a substance (ie: paint) that I could apply but wouldn't harm the original paint on the car?

Short of that, where could I search out this type of info?

Thanx,
Proud Liberal

P.S. Happy Halloween
Buy some orange fabric and cover the car.
Buy a car cover and paint it orange.
Paint the car orange. It won't hurt the original paint just cover it :biglaugh: :eek: :vfunny:

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Dan Armstrong said:
Go to the automotive section of your local discount store. There are several brands of decorative "paints" made for just that purpose, with applicators like those used for shoe polish. They're usually used to decorate cars for weddings, sporting events, etc.

That's what we all used to decorate our cars when we graduated from high school. Washes right off.

D

D.Scott

A service here in town used that to paint a stretch limo in the Cleveland Brown's colors and transported a group to the game. I see the same limo every day and it looks like the orange and brown came right off. I should probably mention that this didn't have any influence on the game at all - the Browns still lost.

Dave

You can also buy flexible magnetic sheets at your local office supply store. White on one side, black on the other, 8.5x11 or 11x17. They are soft, printable (although a little spray on polyurethane may be needed to weatherproof them). If you just wanted to cut out black shapes to stick on the orange car you could put 'em on, then peel 'em off and save 'em fer next year. I use these to put a flame paint job or Buckeyes logos on my PT Cruiser. Rotating customization, how cool!

Top Bottom