Has anyone ever heard of Registrar QSRD-International?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ironcountry

Has anyone ever heard of them? They have no direct website and their certs do not have the ANAB stamp/embossment.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Has anyone ever heard of them? They have no direct website and their certs do not have the ANAB stamp/embossment.

I guess that answers your question. If they have no accreditation, then they could be a fly-by-night organization so why waste energy and $$$ on them.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

"QSRD" was what Entela, a provider of lab testing services, called its Quality System Registration Division. Some time ago Entela was acquired by Intertek, which would explain why you couldn't find a website. I would think that any certificates issued by Entela QSRD would have expired by now.

I

Ironcountry

Now that is interesting, the cert in question was issued in September of last year. And I see the Entela purchase was in 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ironcountry

It's based out of Ann Arbor, MI, when I searched using the phone number WWW.DELSTRAIGHT dot com came up.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
It's based out of Ann Arbor, MI, when I searched using the phone number DELSTRAIGHT dot com came up.

That's a consulting firm that also does non-accredited "certification." From their "Ask the Expert" page:
Is accredited third-party registration required by the standard?
Only for suppliers to ISO/TS 16949 registered businesses and only if your customer requires accredited third-party registration. There are many ways to get your business registered that do not require the expense of an accredited third-party. We are on record as saying that because of the incompetence of many third-party registration auditors and the blatant disrespect of the audit process displayed by some third-party registration firms. The third-party registration certificate has been devalued and may not be value added for your business. Too many businesses are failing customer audits for nonconformance to basic requirements that should have been discovered by any reasonably competent auditor.

There's more on their "Low Cost Registration" page.

I

Ironcountry

Thanks Jim, I guess we could all offer a non-accredited certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom