Has anyone here set up a Quality Clinic?

C

COTHS12345

We set up our quality clinic with help of Hamilton. In regards to actual location of parts for our clinic it depends on the status of the part. If the parts are being processed by the clinic then the parts are physically located in the clinic, if they have are in need of engineering processing/review, then they are moved to a engineering hold area. If parts are to be submitted to the customer for their disposition, then the parts are moved to a MRB hold area. Each time the part is moved in the clinic process they are also moved in the ERP system so that we know where the parts are physically at all times.

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
I had heard that Quality Clinics were basically a meeting consisting of quality folks- going over recent issues, discussing PARs and so on.. Is this not accurate?

C

COTHS12345

Our Quality clinic is where all nonconformance's are processed. Quality metrics are driven based on the data collected by the clinic. And is responsible for the tracking of RCCA effectiveness and closure. So yes it's more than a meeting place.

R

Robgreen5

Hi there,

My quality clinic concept is pretty different. Rougly, it is a deep audit system. The audit guys are called "doctors" and the production lines are the "patients".
There is a huge board where all lines are listed, and also their "health status" based in the audits we perform, which goes from Healthy, and falls to "Sick" or "Coma"
The audits sheets go very deep in the process, it goes in how do you write work instructions, if you have pokayokes controlled, training, maintenance checklist, etc.
In fact, in my point fo view, it goes deeper than VW VDA or Ford MSA, talking about Process terms, or daily basis job.
This Quality Clinic is part of monthly measurables for Production, and the goal is to increase health status, which it is affected considerably when a customer reject appears, or internal problems are known.
It tells you the points where a production line is suffering, they go to the surface where everyone can notice them.
I have set up a Quality Clinic at our site for UTC Aerospace and I am struggling on the Preventative Action part. I have pretty good Corrective Action practices but Reality99's interpretation is genius in my book and I am going to remodel my data to look at poor performing areas.

Top Bottom