Has anyone seen Genesis in Concert? (Turn it on Again Tour 2007)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Friends,

Just curious if any of my Fellow Covers has seen GENESIS "Turn it on Again" Tour 2007. My wife and I attended the concert (September 22) in Columbus, Ohio. These are the guys we grew up. People attending were mostly in their fifties... Interesting to see how the whole concert scene has changed.

The concert was great! Worth every dollar of the ticket price.

Stijloor.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I saw them in 1983 or 84 in Madison Square Garden. First big concert I ever went to. Does that count? ;)

I would like to see them but the admission around here was not worth it for me for such large venues. Same reason I had no intention of seeing The Police even though I was a total Police fanatic in the early 80's.

K

Kwilson

I saw them on September 8th in Buffalo, incredible show!! If anyon ewere ever a fan of genesis, do whatever you have to do to go see the show. You will not be disappointed.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I saw them on September 8th in Buffalo, incredible show!! If anyon ewere ever a fan of genesis, do whatever you have to do to go see the show. You will not be disappointed.

Hello Kwilson,

Glad you enjoyed them.....

Here are the remaining concert dates:
  • October 2 Chicago, IL USA United Center
  • October 3 Chicago, IL USA United Center
  • October 4 Chicago, IL USA United Center
  • October 6 Denver, CO USA Pepsi Center
  • October 9 San Jose, CA USA HP Pavilion at San Jose
  • October 10 Sacramento, CA USA ARCO Arena
  • October 12 Los Angeles, CA USA Hollywood Bowl
  • October 13 Los Angeles, CA USA Hollywood Bowl
Stijloor.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
I did not see the concert, wanted to go, could not make it, have a copy of all their albums. Genesis is not complete without Peter Gabriel. Unfortunately he is not part of the band that is touring. Remember the Lamb lies down on Broadway and Selling England by the pound. His lyrics and artistic qualities are amazing.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I did not see the concert, wanted to go, could not make it, have a copy of all their albums. Genesis is not complete without Peter Gabriel. Unfortunately he is not part of the band that is touring. Remember the Lamb lies down on Broadway and Selling England by the pound. His lyrics and artistic qualities are amazing.

Kales,

Yes, we miss Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, but three out of five is better than nothing. Daryl Stuermer and Chester Thompson are phenomenal musicians and make up for the "loss." Glad to have "grown up" with Genesis.

Stijloor.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
I saw Genesis in concert with Bob Seger, KISS, and Montrose in I believe it was 1974-1975 at Anaheim Stadium. A very interesting concert.

AndyN

Moved On
Me, Me, Me - saw them Sunday in Detroit! Took my teenage sons too. They know most of the music by heart (one plays Hackett's 'Firth of Fifth' guitar break pretty well!!)

I've seen them three times before - at the Odean in Birmingham (in about 1982 - the Then There were Three album debut), at the 'bale out' concert (unrecorded) for Gabriel, Milton Keynes, in 1978 and then at Wembly (Invisible Touch album) in 1987.

Sunday was awesome, but a little sad for me. I doubt we will ever see them tour again. With Phil being deaf from a viral infection, it's painful for him to be on stage/play concerts. His solo tour was entitled his "First Farewell Tour".

BTW - we met Steve at a Borders book store in Columbus OH a couple of years back - what a nice guy. Really an artist first and a big contrast the Phil's successes. Hackett was gigging from the trunk of an old Toyota - Genesis had 6 tour buses, and I counted 16 trucks for the equipment.......:mg:

Top Bottom