Has K1 for GR&R's changed in AIAG 3rd ed MSA Manual? Does it affect outcome of study?

P

Pat Lee

Has k1 for GR&R's changed in AAIG 3rd edition?We are concerned about failing GR&R's.
Thanx
Pat

P

Pat Lee

Atul Khandekar said:
Hello Pat & welcome to the Cove.

K1,K2,K3 have changed in the 3rd edition. They are just the old numbers divided by 5.15. The 5.15 multiplier has been removed from the formulas- so it should not change your R&R results significantly.

Also see: MSA 3rd Edition - K1, K2, K3 constants and
AIAG's MSA Manual 3rd Edition - A Look at K Values - Auditor Questions
What if a person uses total tolerance for his GR&R?(In contrast to PV) Will this change in the "k"'s affect the outcome of the study more? I have not had time to actually use the new forms furnished. Thank you very much, by the way.
Pat

A

Atul Khandekar

Pat Lee said:
What if a person uses total tolerance for his GR&R?(In contrast to PV) Will this change in the "k"'s affect the outcome of the study more? I have not had time to actually use the new forms furnished. Thank you very much, by the way.
Pat
Pat,

I do not think there will be any appreciable difference. Ultimately the standard deviations will be the same. Remember that the 2nd edition considered a 99% as the "full" spread of measurement error. Hence the muliplier of 5.15. The third edition gives you the choice between 99% and 99.73% (Factor = 6) .

Top Bottom