Has PPAP Version 3 made compliance harder for you?

J

Jarrod

PPAP Version 3

Has anyone heard of any suppliers or manufacturers having problems due to PPAP Version 3 that went into effect last week? Just wondering, from my perspective, I thought lots of companies would be caught due to this change...If you know anything, please let me know! Thanks

------------------
Jarrod

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D
I have a question on the new form CFG-1001. Can anyone tell me what Mold/Cavity/Production Process means? It is a line item on the form and we are submitting PPAP with this form and our customer doesn't even know what it means (Tier 1). The only explanation in the manual is to complete it. Also, "I further warrant these samples were produced at the production rate of _________/8 hours. I have noted any deviations from this declaration below." Any suggestions?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Mould/cavity/process/ refers to M/C plastic parts or metal stamping etc, how many cavities are produced . Process is the process used. I have also been asked to put the % of regrind used in this place.
8 hours.... refers to the significant production run, see 1.2.1.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J PPAP for New Family Revisions when the Part has not changed APQP and PPAP 4
C Gage R&R/MSA for PPAP - Our product has no variance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
A PPAP Sample Requirement - Using Product which has been Re-Worked APQP and PPAP 6
M Can I release an "Approved PPAP" if one purchased component has a Interim Approval APQP and PPAP 2
P Has anyone ever heard of "Quality Gates" (Volkswagen term?) - APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 11
S Who has to sign off on supplier PPAP? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Delayed PPAP - Supplier has delayed providing PPAP for 2 years APQP and PPAP 25
kedarg6500 Our supplier has submitted PPAP documents - What do I do next Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
A ProE for PPAP - Has anyone used ProE modelling tool during PPAP submission? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S AIAG PPAP 4th Edition - Has anyone heard what the change(s) will be? APQP and PPAP 42
C Re-PPAP My Parts? Production layout has changed APQP and PPAP 6
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 16
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
M Has anyone has been through an MDR audit? (3/2020) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Has anyone heard of Run at Risk? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
B ASA Aviation Supply Association - Has anyone heard of ASA? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
B Has anyone done an IEC 60601-1 gap analysis to IEC 60335? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
Z 510(k) usage - Company has 2 physically similar products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Has anyone had sudden challenges from Korea-MFDS? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Sidney Vianna IAQG News IAQG has a new website - December 2019 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
Richard Regalado ISO 22301:2019 has been published - Nov 2019 Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
Nicole Desouza Who has to be compliant with REACH Declarations? REACH and RoHS Conversations 11
CycleMike GD&T - Hole pattern - Print (attached) has a single Datum Reference Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A Would an MRP system that has been in use for over 10 years require validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Informational VDI 2017 - Medical Grade Plastics - German VDI has published a "Richtlinie" Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D FDA Biomarker Qualification Program - Has anyone prepared an application? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
U Hand-Held dosing device has no PATIENT - Interpretation of the PATIENT definition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
L Has anyone heard of the 2 pan system? Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
N Technical File Reviewer has requested more testing to ISO 10993 Other Medical Device Related Standards 10
I Who has had to move from ISO 9001:2015 to ISO 13485 and what were the challenges? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Informational Health Canada has launched an e-Learning tool to aid in understanding the premarket regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Has anyone here assessed the latest Abbreviated 510(K) guidance document? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Does anyone has a good verification and validation plan template? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Sidney Vianna Informational UTC ASQR Rev.11 has a mistake; certification of distributors to IATF 16949 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
lilybef FDA and Biocompatability Testing - Reviewer has requested implantation testing Other Medical Device Related Standards 11
D Has anyone undergone a BARDA (HHS) audit as part of their grant process? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M FDA News FDA Report - FDA Has Taken Steps to Strengthen The 510(k) Program Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
C Has an amended version of IEC 60601-1-6 TRF been released for use in conjunction with IEC62366-1:2015? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 0
planB ISO 10993-1:2018 has just been published Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
S ISO 13485 Consultant Question - The company has 5 part time employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Has anyone used QAI for training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
Q MHRA has released a new guidance document related to 'GXP' Data Integrity EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B FDA Philippines has no check or balance outside the health department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
S Doubts about SPC taken in Machining - Part has +-0.01 Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
D Has anyone here had any experience with PQ-FMEA software? FMEA and Control Plans 1
P NPR Metric - What if Customer has relaxed measure? TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
D EU Harmonized Standards to which a company has declared compliance EU Medical Device Regulations 13
N Customer Survey Question Has Me Stumped - Compliance with Laws and Regulations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4