Have my CQE - Is it worth "backfilling" other Certifications

David-D

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

I'm a senior QE in my organization; and mainly on my own volition (the organization currently is ambivalent at best), I and some coworkers have reciently taken the ASQ CQE exam as a way to benchmark ourselves, cement the role of QEs in our organization, and work to codify the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of our QEs against established standards.

Now that I have received my CQE, I was curious as to the community's thoughts on going "back" and getting "earlier" ASQ certifications specifically CQT and CCT. I intend on going on and getting my CQM/OE and maybe some others which I envision as being additional to the CQE BOK but I'm interested in the value in adding the others to my portfolio as ASQ seems to indicate them earlier in the suggested career path progression (unfortunately as a new member here I can't include the ASQ links).

To put it one way, do people feel the CCT "trumps" the CQT and are they both trumped by the CQE?

Phrased a different way am I adding additional value to myself in having the additional certifications(s) and perhapse more importantly is there greater level of mastery of the corresponding BOKs to be gained by me in "going back"?

Thoughts? Thanks,

David

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the Cove!

With the possible exception of CQA I wouldn't bother "back filling" with other certs. I see no point really, unless you want more specific technical lessons in things like mechanical inspection. CQT has a lot of inspection subjects in it too. If you want to further your career (in this job or if you are considering moving on) many employers are still placing value on the CSSBB.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 15
S AQL Inspector's Rule - bring into CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
W SSGB vs. CQE certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE vs CQA vs CSSGB vs CWI Professional Certifications and Degrees 0
B I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
O CQE Handbook - Missing Section VII - Risk Management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
L CQE Quiz - Something I made up to make aspiring CQE's head hurt Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
J Sampling Plan Questions from the CQE Practice Exam Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J CQE References allowed in the Exam Room Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
P CQE Work Experience - New to Industry Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A CQE exam primer Control Limit question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Do CQE exam questions repeat in next exams? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Q Question about 2012 ASQ CQE certification primer vs 2006 primer Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
R CQE Exam Problem Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
H CQE Exam Review Volunteers Needed. Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H ASQ CQE Exam Review Workshop - Seeking Volunteers! September 2013 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 7
A ASQ CQE statistics training in Australia? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
D Examples of CQE test questions for December 2012 exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
K CQE/SSGB Qualifications and Requirements Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
S CQE sample exam - Question 23 about a regression model Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Preparing for CQE Exam - Calculators and Statistical Calculations Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
A CQE Exam Machine Capability Question - HELP Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A How relevant are ASQC CQT, CQE, CMI Completion Diplomas in the Current Work Place Career and Occupation Discussions 9
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
M CQE Preparation - Classes offered by ASQ or QC Group Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Q Which calculators can I take to CQE exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
I I failed my CQE Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 21
R Passed CQE in the first attempt!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
M DOE (Design of Experiments) - CQE Primer question Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
H Seeking Volunteers for ASQ CQE Exam Review Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
R ASQ CQE Practice Exam - Do I need to score very well to pass? Professional Certifications and Degrees 17
K Benefits of being an ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
D Study Materials needed for CQE Exam Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
M X-Bar Chart - CQE Problem to Solve Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
M Best Preparation Material for the CQE in June Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S CQE Primer or CQE handbook - Which one is better Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
S ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) June 2009 Results Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
CalRich I was given two copies of the CQE exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
F Is ASQ's CQE online training enough? Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
C Passed the CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) exam 1st time Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
B New ASQ CQE (Certified Quality Engineer)! Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
U Capability question from CQE exam Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
A CQE Exam Prep - Do you have any last minute study tips for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
Tom W ASQ CQE Recertification - I might be a little short on points - What to do? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
B Quality Book - Lexicon of Quality Terms for CQE, CQT, CMI by Brenden Duffy Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
R Qualifications for taking CQE Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9