Hazardous Waste Consignment Note - Please Help

G

Grusha

Hi,

I work in a small office and our fridge has just broke. The company replacing it are taking it away too and are fully WEEE compliant. I checked that they would be providing a consignment note and they have said I will need to do this...

So can anyone help me with all the jargon to go on my consignment note (attached)?

I think the EWC is 20 01 23 but apart from that I'm a bit lost. It's just a standard fridge for food- nothing special.

Many thanks in anticipation :)

Attachments

• Hazardous Waste Consignment Note.pdf
    109.1 KB · Views: 286

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Hi,

I work in a small office and our fridge has just broke. The company replacing it are taking it away too and are fully WEEE compliant. I checked that they would be providing a consignment note and they have said I will need to do this...

So can anyone help me with all the jargon to go on my consignment note (attached)?

I think the EWC is 20 01 23 but apart from that I'm a bit lost. It's just a standard fridge for food- nothing special.

Many thanks in anticipation :)

Anything to add anyone?

P

Peter West

I have not completed one before but was trying to get a handle on the subject.

This seems to have some pointers to coding. http://www.chemrec.co.uk/hazwaste/How_to_code_consignment_notes.asp

The first page (bottom half) is to be completed by the waste carrier. It may be an idea to contact them if you are unsure of any of the details you input.

Apart from that, to my understanding you have to be registered with the EPA to dispose of hazardous waste. Best idea is to just call the EPA (08708 506 506 - assuming you are in England) and explain you are not a hazardous waste producer, it is just your fridge.

Does the fridge provider have a service on offer to pick things up? If so then they can handle that form for you.

Top Bottom