Health and Safety Internal Audits

• Thread starter Fallen30angel - 2010
  • Start date
F

Fallen30angel - 2010

H&S Internal Audits

Has anyone got examples of Health and Safety audits that they have performed? We want to incorporate elements of the H&S requirements with the Environment and Quality Internal Audits. :rolleyes:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Are you looking for system or compliance material? If you're looking for stsem, then what badger gave you is a great start, but if you're looking for compliance you will need UK specific and I can't help.

JodiB

Still plugging along
Funny you should ask.....

I was just out doing a HSE compliance audit today. We produce a questionaire with a sampling of questions that is sent to the site in advance of the visit. On the questionaire we highlight those questions that are going to be scored on the ranking form. The ranking form uses yes,no, and NA answers to those questions to generate a score for the audit. Each year the questionnaire changes and also the ranking form.

The guidance document follows the questionnaire questions and tells the auditor what to look for and the specific internal reference document that lists the requirement. Like GPP 506. We've incorporated various regulatory requirements into our internal documents so that we reference external sources as little as possible.

Health and Safety is essentially a healthy dose of OSHA req's combined with hazard hunting. Grounding/bonding, training, electrical safety, eyewash and showers, extinguishers, open paths to exits, securing of compressed gas cylinders, labeling, segregation of incompatible materials, certification of lifting gear,etc. These are easy to check when you're doing the tour and verifying other records.

We don't combine quality into the audit.

edit: Oops, Randy is right. You may need to reference ...COSH? rather than OSHA.

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator
BadgerMan said:
Attached is an 18001 audit checklist that I was given several months ago. However, I have not used it yet.

Great checklist there Badger.....

BTW......I'm flying into Grand Rapids on Oct 13th. I'll be in Greenville from 14-17 giving a course for a company there.

Randy said:
Great checklist there Badger.....

BTW......I'm flying into Grand Rapids on Oct 13th. I'll be in Greenville from 14-17 giving a course for a company there.
I will have to take your word for it on the checklist, LOL! This year was 14001 integration/certification and next year's initiative is 18001. I think I may get a chance to use checklist in the foreseeable future.

Our company’s property actually borders the airport here in Grand Rapids. Greenville is an hour north. What course are you conducting?

D

David Hartman

Fallen30angel said:
Has anyone got examples of Health and Safety audits that they have performed? We want to incorporate elements of the H&S requirements with the Environment and Quality Internal Audits. :rolleyes:
It was just announced last week that a Health and Safety audit would be performed in our facility next week (2 week notice). Facilities personnel came in last week and installed (using double-sided tape) several smoke detectors in our facility. Beginning Monday of this week the tape has started letting loose and smoke detectors have been raining down (could this be considered a hazard?). Facilities has been notified, and claims that they'll get to it as soon as possible (Will it be before the audit? I guess we'll wait and see.) In the meantime we are avoiding walking under any of the remaining smoke detectors. :biglaugh:

Randy

Super Moderator
ddhartma said:
It was just announced last week that a Health and Safety audit would be performed in our facility next week (2 week notice). Facilities personnel came in last week and installed (using double-sided tape) several smoke detectors in our facility. Beginning Monday of this week the tape has started letting loose and smoke detectors have been raining down (could this be considered a hazard?). Facilities has been notified, and claims that they'll get to it as soon as possible (Will it be before the audit? I guess we'll wait and see.) In the meantime we are avoiding walking under any of the remaining smoke detectors. :biglaugh:

Hazard? Why would you ask that? Not only can you noggin get knocked but you can also get irradiated from the Americium 124 in the detector (you know, ionizing radiation).

BADGER

I'm going to be teaching a combined 9K/14K Internal Auditing course to some company in Greenville.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medical Device Safety Action Plan: Protecting Patients, Promoting Public Health Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Health Canada launches consultations to improve the safety of medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Excel Dashboard for Health Safety and Environmental KPI's for Multiple Sites Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
Claes Gefvenberg Publication of ISO 45001 - Occupational Health and Safety - Further delays? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
6 Spreadsheet for Health and Safety Reporting - Template Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
U HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Documents and Documentation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
H ISO 45001:2018 - Occupational Health and Safety Management Standard Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 104
S How does each element of OHSAS contribute to management of work place safety & health Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 7
R OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) Objectives and Targets Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 15
V Advantages of Training Employees about Health and Safety at the Workplace Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 19
L Two HSE representatives in the same Health Safety and Environmental System Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
S Risk Analysis for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
Howard Atkins Awareness of Health and Safety - Free film resource-Napo Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
JoCam Reputable, UK based Consultant for the Health & Safety standard OHSAS 18001 Consultants and Consulting 14
L German Law (Health Safety and Environment) in German and/or English Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
A Safety Culture in Top Management - The Workplace Safety & Health Act Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 25
H OHSMS (Occupational Health & Safety Management System) Standards History Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
T Safety & Health Documentation Responsibilities and Requirements (ISO 9001) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
C Health and safety within a workshop - welding Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 7
sridharafep Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety (EHS) Policy Suggestions Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 13
R Work Well Audit for Occupational Health and Safety Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R Can a Quality Policy include Health and Safety as an Objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
D Info for Health and Safety in Software Development companies Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
S ISO9001 and "Health and Safety" Procedure Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) Awareness Overview Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
H Occupational Safety and Health for Shipping Companies Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
M Basic Legal Requirements for OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
K What is IMPRES? Integrated Management Environment Safety & Health Program Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 10
M CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) level 4 course on Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
M ANSI/AIHA Z10-2005 specific for Occupational Health and Safety Management System Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 13
Kales Veggie Are you familiar with EHSIR (Environmental Health Safety Impact / Canadian Military) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
S OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) hazard review checklist? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
V The Importance of Health and Safety vs. Quality Management Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 18
J Assessing the understanding of occupational health and safety requirements Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
J OHSMS Non-conformance Procedure - Occupational Health and Safety Management System Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
S Environmental, Health and Safety Audit Records and AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G What to include in the "Health and Safety" process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Randy OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) Software Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
G Health & Safety Executive - ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Confusion Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
M Documentation for Health & Safety (OSHA) require ECO's? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
M How to develop the Health and Safety Committee (textile sector)? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
M IS0 9001 and Health & Safety plus Food Safety Intranet Forms and Guides ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
I Benefits of adding Health and Safety to an EMS - Any studies with proof? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 5
K Health and Safety Audit in the Company - Audit Checklist and Risk Assessment Report Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
N HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Procedure - Seeking Example Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 8
N QHSE (Quality, Health, Safety and Environment) Standards or Combined Systems Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 43
N HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Implementation Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6