Hearing Aids Labeled as "Used" - Canadian Regulations

L

lightsimage

Hi all,

It's always awkward to write your first post however I'm really happy I've found this site. What a wealth of information!

To those familiar with Canada Medical Device Regulations: Is there a specific requirement (as there is in U.S 21 CFR 801.420 (a) (6) that speaks to "used hearing aids", their control and any special labeling?

I'm wholly unfamiliar with Canadian regulations and don't know where to search.

Thanks so much,
John

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource
I am involved with a client that manufacture hearing aids for Canada but I am unaware of any requirements stated for "used" hearing aids.

I would contact Health Canada to find out the requirements prior to taking any action.

They are easy to deal with and helpful.

Let us know what is the result.

L

lightsimage

Danny,
Thanks for information. I will certainly contact Health Canada before arriving at any conclusion on my own!
I'll keep this thread posted, although it may take some time to get firm answers.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Understanding UDI requirements - Class 2 medical device (hearing aids) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
K Are Hearing Aids classified as Class I or Class II under EU? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Jokes - An eldery patient gets hearing aids from a doctor Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
J Classification of Hearing Aids in Indonesia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V Pediatric Regulatory requirements for Hearing Aids Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
M Informational US FDA – Ear, Nose, and Throat Devices; Classification of the Self-Fitting Air-Conduction Hearing Aid Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Programmable CSF Shunts and Magnetic Field Interference with Implanted Hearing Devices – Letter to Health Care Providers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Hearing on the SCHEER preliminary Guidelines on the presence of Phthalates in certain medical devices (Brussels, 04 April 2019) – Summary records Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Hearing Test Device Technology Licensee - Is ISO 13485 required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Quality for Hearing Impaired Run Restaurant - Food Services - ISO9001 Principles Service Industry Specific Topics 1
A Custom impressions for hearing aides - What types of quality control processes? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Unit Testing as a quality tool - Interested in hearing other organizations experience Software Quality Assurance 3
A ISO9001:2015 Document control and training aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
E RAC EU preparation aids - Tips on how to prepare for RAC EU exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
E BRAZIL: Regulatory requirements regarding aids for invalids Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E TURKEY: Regulatory requirements regarding aids for invalids Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
D Medical Device Class Confimation - Device Aids in Physical Rehabilitation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
E PPAP Checking aids, what to do exactly? APQP and PPAP 5
optomist1 GD&T Study Aids - Medium to Complex Y14.5M Drawings Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Marc AIDS Puzzle Solved By Computer Gamers World News 1
H Visual Aids - Documentation in our Specification System or Local Control? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Document Control Training Aids Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P Work Instructions/Job Aids in the Quality System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
kmyers ISO Motivators - Ideas for visual aids throughout the plant ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
Anerol C Who is Approving your Manufacturing Visual Aids / Process Sheets? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
kedarg6500 How to Select Checking Aids APQP and PPAP 7
A Do Visual Aids Need to be Implemented? TL 9000 Gap Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Tim Folkerts Mnemonics & memory aids Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc Two-limbed tiptoe and Coconut aids octopus camouflage Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Gman2 How visible should visual aids be? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
E Submitting the Checking Aids on the PPAP's APQP and PPAP 5
M Procedures vs Training Aids ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Renault vs. AIAG FMEA - Would like details of it's usage and any training aids FMEA and Control Plans 4
J 4.5 Document Control and Shop Aids - Do shop aids need to be controlled? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R Cleared medical device labeled as investigational US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
J GHTF Incidents - What does unlabeled and labeled mean? Japan Medical Device Regulations 9
H Who is the Legal / Labeled Manufacturer? (Contract Manufacturers shipping to the EU) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Q Wiring Specs to Supplier - How wires are spooled, labeled, marked, etc. Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
I IVD products that are labeled as Analyte Specific Reagent (ASR) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
W Do "Reference Only" documents have to be physically marked/labeled? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M South Korea Importing Rules for Privately Labeled Medical Devices Advice wanted Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
H Customer Rejects our Corrective Action - Mis-Labeled Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
T Which controlled documents should be labeled "Confidential and Proprietary" Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
Y Draft Guidance - IVD Products Labeled for RUO - FAQs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
S Sending Partially Labeled Product to Korea 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
B Pointless GD&T Position Callout? Feature is labeled as a Key Characteristic Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
D P chart sigma trade-offs (to monitor mis-labeled samples coming into our lab) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M Should all bottles and tubes in a laboratory be labeled? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
C Bacterial Challenge for "Sterile Fluid Pathway" labeled devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
D RIPs should be labeled and not shipped. What are RIPs in ISO/TS 16949:2002? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5