Heavy Civil Construction Company Implementing ISO 9001:2015 for Certification

G

GLC Joe B

Hello Quality Guru's,

I am in the process of implementing the 9001:2015 standard for a heavy civil construction company (earthwork, roads/bridges, concrete, industrial). I've been at it for a little while now. We have a consultant that is walking us through the standard in preparation of a certification audit. They are very knowledgeable as it pertains to the standard, but not so much when it relates to our type of business. I am reaching out to see if there are any other similar companies in our line of work that has gone, or is going through adoption of 9001:2015. I would like to share ideas, documents, policies and ask questions. I felt this would be a better introduction than just blasting off questions into the unknown.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hi Joe, and welcome to the forums. :bigwave:

I haven't seen a lot of discussion about implementing a quality management system in the construction industry here, but I know there has been at least some discussion. Feel free to post your questions anyway. There are a lot of things you do as you implement a system that really aren't as industry-specific as you'd think.

Here's one recent thread relevant to the construction industry: Identifying Objectives & Targets for Quality Control I'm sure you can find more if you search. If not, just ask. :agree1:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Creating WIs for a Heavy Civil Engineering Services company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
N Heavy tare to simulate high load in a routine sensitivity test of a floor scale? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Production Strategy in Construction & Heavy Industries Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
Geoff Cotton What is the benchmark for Cost of Quality in a Heavy Engineering organization ? Benchmarking 2
K Building Heavy Pollution Factory next to Medical Device Factory (ISO 13485) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Heavy Manufacturing Supplier QA - Building Units at a Supplier's Facility Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
G IMDS (International Material Data System) for Heavy Vehicles RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 10
D Information on Heavy Metal testing in Medical Devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
B Heavy Metals in Vehicles - New Technologies RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
R Heavy duty rust protection advice needed! Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
M DFMEA (Design FMEA) for Trailers or any heavy vehicle design Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
Marc Aircraft 'Heavy' Passenger Jet Landing in 150 MPH Gusting Cross Wind Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 10
G PPAP 4? + IMDS - Heavy Metals Laws - Help RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
S Safety Procedure for Transport of Heavy Equipment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Heavy Truck 4th Edition PPAP forms needed APQP and PPAP 1
D Heavy Truck QMS Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
R Process Mapping a Civil Infrastructure Construction company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
G ISO 9001:2015 8.3 Design and Development (in Civil Engineering) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Advice for a Civil Engineer turned Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 2
J Aircraft Bearing Manufacturer - Civil Aviation Requirements Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
O Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) Aerospace Requirements EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 9
U Non Conformance - Root Cause & Corrective Actions - Civil Construction Projects ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N Customer Feedback form (Construction company - Civil) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Is there a Guideline document of ISO 9001 for Civil Engineering Services Service Industry Specific Topics 3
J Supplier Quality Requirements on Civil Programmes Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Marc Civil rights legend Rosa Parks dies at 92 World News 3
C Quality Plan in a Service Company - Civil engineering service - Building construction Service Industry Specific Topics 4
T I'm a Civil Engineer - How can I learn about ISO 9000? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
John Broomfield Design and Construction wiki Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Construction of an ISO 8 Clean Room - ISO 14644-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Specific processes - Construction management field Service Industry Specific Topics 2
I Document templates required for ISO ISO 45001 - Engineering Construction company Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
R Extension of product nonconformances - Construction project Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S CE ETA (A2) Audit - CE mark for the european construction market CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
I How to implement ISO 9001:2015 for Construction Field ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
W NCR Performance KPI Monitoring in an Industry like Construction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J CFDA issues Guiding Opinions on Enhancing the Construction of Food and Drug Inspectio China Medical Device Regulations 1
N Nonconformances in the Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
O CE TCF (Technical Construction File) Template for LVD/EMC/Pressure Directive CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
S Declaration of Performance/CE - M10 Fittings (Construction) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R Please help with the construction of OC curves Using Minitab Software 7
M Large Construction Project Quality Plan - ISO 9001-2008 using ISO 10006 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
P Bad communication in construction projects are probably the biggest generators Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
V CMM plane construction method types and accuracy differences for measuring Pos Tol Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
S Data for Analysis - Construction Industry Table of Data for Analysis ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P What do you think is the most common root cause of NCRs in a construction project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
P What is ?Quality? in a Construction Project? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
Hershal Road construction frustration while driving Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
P What can go wrong in a Construction Project - NCRs in Construction Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5