Height gauge to measure short hard to access heights

R

Reality99

Hi,

Years ago, I was working in a automotive Japanese company.
As part of inspection measurements, we had to measure profiles in some AC panels. We placed the panel in a fixture, then, with pin gauges, we measured the gap between plastic and fixture.

During these measurements, we took also readings of height measurement between plastic and fixture. We used a very small gauge, like 2" height, with a shape of an "N", that had a small rule and a pin, that went up and down manually to measure the difference of height. Then, with the rule, you could see the measurement.
The "zero" was the bottom of the "N".

Does someone have an idea what is the name of that small gauge?
We are having a hard time trying to get height measurements (flush) of assembled compression limiters, and that tool could be the solution.

Thank you

N

ncwalker

Re: Height gauge to measure hard to access heights

My knee jerk reaction was you were talking about a Faro Arm because of the "N" shape. But that's not a 2" high device.

It sounds like you had some kind of widget that had two moving pickup that you would separate (each representing one leg of the "N") with a scale in the middle that gave you the delta offset of the two sliding ends. I've seen a lot of gages and I haven't seen that.

Most likely it was custom made by or for your company. But it's a little hard to tell from the description you gave. I'll ask around.

Emmyd

Involved In Discussions
Re: Height gauge to measure hard to access heights

Could it be a kind of drop indicator?

Top Bottom