Hello Cove!

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
:bigwave:It's been a long time since I've stopped by. I am proud to say that my typing skills have improved a great deal since the last time I posted. I think that was probably about a year ago already. I have missed everyone here, and have wrestled with feelings of inadequacy. I won't bore ya'll with the long version, but it's been a long fight both for my rehab, and for life in general. I still have some really bad problems with my memory, and stumble a lot with words especially when I'm caught off guard or am stressed. But, I have regained all my reading skills, my math skills are now horrible, they used to among my best. Now, I can barely keep my checkbook balanced. I'm living the life of the retired checking out the volunteer opportunities to see what suits.

Tomorrow's project is to fill out an application for a Fellowship Program offered through a local church conference- The Academy For Leadership Excellence. I figure this is a two year program that will keep me busy for awhile, and I should be able to put some of my past supervisory skills to use.

I am going to try to visit more often. I can't say that I am very current on what's going on in the ISO world, but I've still got some common sense. Besides that, I can learn a lot from everyone, and get caught up on what's going on. I truly do miss my job....I guess the one thing I can gloat about is I heard they had to hire four people to do the job I did by myself! Guess maybe they should have listened to me when I said I needed help?:lmao:

Bye for now. Take care!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Keep pluggin' Steel.

It's always a good day when you can see the grass LEAVES instead of the ROOTS.

For inspiration, look to my neighbor, the junior senator from Illinois, Mark Kirk. He just made his first speech in the Senate since his stroke more than a year ago.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
I am so happy to see you here. :bighug:

I have no frame of reference for what you are going through, but I want to assure you that you are always among friends here and that I will respect and appreciate your inpute despite what technical value you assign to it. :agree1:
Meanwhile, I just want to know if you are okay and are progressing well. :) I can certainly appreciate not being able to re-achieve what used to be, in my case there is more of me to love than ever. :eek: In this place I have always felt appreciated for what I can offer, and I want to assure you that I always feel the same for you.

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Hey Steelmaiden!!!

Good to hear from you.:agree1:

You know you have plenty to offer, here and in the mod forum.;)

Pop in as often as you can.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Good to read your message, and glad to know your intent to come here more often. You have a lasting impression here in the various threads and am sure many visitors are finding the solutions still as they read through several of your posts ...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Hello IAF. Are you listening? Please explain the inconsistency in your IAF Mandatory Documents (2019) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
Manix Hello all - I’m back After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
J jwmuola says Hello Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
SteelMaiden Hello from SteelMaiden Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
B Just wanted to say Hello! AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
P Hello all Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc New Folks - Please Take a Minute & Introduce Yourself/Say Hello! (8/2010 to TBD) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1625
J Surprise - And Hello - Just Checking In Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
G New Folks - Please Take a Minute & Introduce Yourself/Say Hello! (2009 - 8/2010) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 573
Pflanz A Return to the Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna Any Pickleball player at The Cove? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc GDPR - EU Directive 2016/679 and the Elsmar Cove Discussion Forum Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 3
N When they make the movie " Elsmar Cove " .... After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 17
BradM Why I am so appreciative of the Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Plagiarism in Elsmar Cove Forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
BradM The Cove's Sister: Quality Forum Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
M Thank you Marc and the Elsmar Cove Moderators and Members! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Sidney Vianna Covegratulations to The Cove and Marc Smith - 19 years online January 6, 2015 Covegratulations 18
BradM The Greatness of Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J Back to the Cove - Oil and Gas Industry Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
B Any forum at par with Elsmar Cove for Network and System Administration? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T Are there any members of the Chartered Quality Institute - UK on the Cove ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 11
R Covegratulations to The Cove: 18 years old! Covegratulations 3
somashekar Father of Elsmar Cove hits second SILVER Covegratulations 16
N Elsmar Cove Forum - What an amazing place Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
P For any programmers in the Cove - Web based ISO System? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
K Is reading the Elsmar Cove a legitimate work related activity Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
somashekar ~~ The Elsmar Cove Birthday - Online for 17 years! ~~ Covegratulations 16
B Why don't we have more representation from Registrars at The Cove? Registrars and Notified Bodies 14
somashekar Link to important websites within the Cove Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
Richard Regalado Elsmar Cove BCP - Continuity of the forum when disaster strikes Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 11
H Happy Birthday to the Elsmar Cove Forum - January 2012 Covegratulations 25
BradM Sidney Vianna - Ten years at the Cove! Covegratulations 23
harrysons Thanks to Elsmar Cove - Successful TS16949:2009 Certification Covegratulations 10
Crusader I miss the Cove! Crusader Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 42
BradM Happy Birthday Elsmar Cove!! 15 Years old Covegratulations 44
G What should an Elsmar Cove X-mas tree look like? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J What Has The Elsmar Cove Done For You?? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
H Elsmar Cove Statistics Found Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Quality Policy - What is the Elsmar Cove's Quality Policy? Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 8
H Happy 14th Birthday to the Cove - January 2010 Covegratulations 16
P What is the meaning of your Elsmar Cove Forum User Name? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 58
B In terms of age, who are the youngest and oldest Elsmar Cove forum members? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 112
Sidney Vianna Does The Cove aid in conflict of interest? Registrars and Notified Bodies 14
somashekar Elsmar Cove reference in your CV 's ... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
N Cabot Cove vs. Elsmar Cove Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Marc Privacy - Elsmar Cove Privacy Policy and Statement Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Privacy Policy - Elsmar Cove Privacy (and Cookie) Policy - 090405 Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 4
ScottK Elsmar Cove iPhone users After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 39
Sidney Vianna Jim Wynne reaches another Cove milestone: COVEGRATULATIONS! Covegratulations 49