Help!! Design Chaos

T

Tina W

Since we use a highly skilled personal (Tool & Die Makers) to make our dies and a certain amount of designing is done on the shop floor as our dies are assembled, any idea as to how I could control the design control? Any ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dan Larsen

A few thoughts...

Use a "job folder" that follows the job through production. Allow changes (perhaps by certain authorized personnel based on skill and ability) to make changes in process. Provide a documentation system to record the changes (this might include marking up the print). Any changes have to be initialed and dated. When the job is complete and the function is approved (final inspection?), have all documentation related to the job go to a "review board" to make sure the changes are properly documemented on the final design documents.

I think the key is making sure the design changes made in process are made by "authorized" personnel and that the changes are reviewed at the end of the line.

T

Tina W

Thanks Dan
We have something like that in place but no one initial or dates the changes. I'll put this in place and see how it goes. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
Tina

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Repeated Measures Design help Using Minitab Software 7
R Need help on defining scope for Design Verification File for Class III IVD 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
P Help Setting Up and Analyzing 3 Factor 2 Level Full Factorial Design for DOE Using Minitab Software 3
T Design & Development in Updating Machines and Equipment - ISO 9001 Help Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
Q DOE (Design of Experiments) for Accounting - New to Minitab need help Using Minitab Software 5
D ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 - Design & Development - Requirements help wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N Medical Device Design and Development Plan Procedures help wanted 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Design FMEA (DFMEA) Basics - Help needed IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Taguchi method using Minitab - DOE (Design of Experiments) Help Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
S Design Validation Work Instruction - Help 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
N Help please - Mechanical Latch Design Principles? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
P Need help on DOE (Design of Experiments) - EPS molding process Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
K No Formal Design Process - Audit Finding - Help with Section 7.3 of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
P Software to help meet ISO & AS9100 Design & Development Rqmts Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
D Critical quality characteristics on a heat seal machine - Design of Experiments help Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
M Design of Experiments (DOE) - Help with homework problem Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
J Looking for help to give me some idea about my thesis project (Medical Device Design) Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
M Design of Experiment (DOE) Help Needed Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
J Help us design an Inspection Jig for squareness of Spacer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Help! Need sample procedures for Product & Software Design and Development Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
C Calibration process study help needed - Have I have selected a correct test design? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
A Seeking Checklist for Auditing 7.3 Design Development for TS 16949 - pls help! Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
4 Design help needed - Isoflurane compatibility with polymers - Anesthesia gas Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
Y Help for these snag problems - 7.3.2.2 (Design) and 6.3.1 (Planning) Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
F DOE (Design of Experiments) Help: Montgomery's Industrial Engineering book Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
C Seeking Help: Design of Experiments - DOE Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Stuart Andrews Design Control - Help required with procedure! Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Resource requirement (need help) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Case study help as per ISO 9001: 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Case study solution help required as per ISO 9001 : 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Help me improve the definition for internal PPM Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
I Help: QFD House of Quality Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
C New to Site - Request Help with API Q2 Implementation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Class medical device (MDD) - Classification help EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Help with Drawing Review - ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q % Study variation low, % tolerance high - GR&R Interpretation help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M Thanks for the help Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Judy Abbott Can any one help me with an urgent BIOCOMPATIBILITY Impact assessment? Internal Auditing 9