Help in Process Auditing - Turtle Diagram Examples

J

JLang

Hello Fellow Cove Members,

As you can tell, I'm quite new here to the Cove. I've been checking in here everyonce and a while, but just recently created a profile. Not only am I new to the Cove, but I'm pretty new to ISO and Quality Auditing in General. I have been given the task of taking over our internal quality audits. I have taken some training courses, shadowed the previous auditor on two audits before he left, and lead two audits myself since he has gone. Long story short the current internal audit system that I have been handed seems to be too focused on the compliance side and not enough on the process side.

How our old auditor handled things is by using a preset list of questions that he asked the participants audit after audit. It has gotten to the point where people just know what answers to give and tell me what I want to hear. I know that a large portion of this responsibility falls on me then to do the digging and find the evidence that either supports them or shows me differently, but the way our system is set up right now is not really helpful in that area. I would like to get some department heads to fill out some turtle diagrams in efforts to (1) help me get a better understanding of all of our processes and (2) have a better tool to start working on how to process audit rather than compliance audit.

I have done a little research on process auditing and how to use turtle diagrams, but I would love some more detailed examples to give my co-workers to help show them how turtle diagrams should be filled out. Anything you can provide as examples would be greatly appreciated. And just to be clear what I am idealy looking for is filled out diagrams not templates. Something I can show as examples. Feel free to block out any company names or sensitive information I am just looking for examples of inputs, outputs, skills, personell, etc.

If it helps at all I work for a fastener distribution company who does not do any manufacturing. Main processes would include purchasing, quoting, entering orders, pulling/process orders, shipping, quality inspections, etc.

Let me know if you want any more details. I'm excited to learn and see what ideas I may get from the fellow Cove members!

I also attached the template that I'm using incase anybody wants to make suggestions.

Attachments

• Blank Turtle Diagram.xlsx
    15.7 KB · Views: 2,158

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Fellow Cove Members,

As you can tell, I'm quite new here to the Cove. I've been checking in here everyonce and a while, but just recently created a profile. Not only am I new to the Cove, but I'm pretty new to ISO and Quality Auditing in General. I have been given the task of taking over our internal quality audits. I have taken some training courses, shadowed the previous auditor on two audits before he left, and lead two audits myself since he has gone. Long story short the current internal audit system that I have been handed seems to be too focused on the compliance side and not enough on the process side.

How our old auditor handled things is by using a preset list of questions that he asked the participants audit after audit. It has gotten to the point where people just know what answers to give and tell me what I want to hear. I know that a large portion of this responsibility falls on me then to do the digging and find the evidence that either supports them or shows me differently, but the way our system is set up right now is not really helpful in that area. I would like to get some department heads to fill out some turtle diagrams in efforts to (1) help me get a better understanding of all of our processes and (2) have a better tool to start working on how to process audit rather than compliance audit.

I have done a little research on process auditing and how to use turtle diagrams, but I would love some more detailed examples to give my co-workers to help show them how turtle diagrams should be filled out. Anything you can provide as examples would be greatly appreciated. And just to be clear what I am idealy looking for is filled out diagrams not templates. Something I can show as examples. Feel free to block out any company names or sensitive information I am just looking for examples of inputs, outputs, skills, personell, etc.

If it helps at all I work for a fastener distribution company who does not do any manufacturing. Main processes would include purchasing, quoting, entering orders, pulling/process orders, shipping, quality inspections, etc.

Let me know if you want any more details. I'm excited to learn and see what ideas I may get from the fellow Cove members!

I also attached the template that I'm using in case anybody wants to make suggestions.

Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave: :bigwave:

Turtle examples.

Stijloor.

J

JLang

Thanks Stijloor.

I'm looking forward to revamping our audit system and hopefully this turtle diagram process will help.

Top Bottom