Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Help needed on 2 TS 16949 Elements - 7.5.5 & 7.5.3

7.5.5 Preservation of Product & 7.5.3 Identification and Traceability

Need help on 2 issues which I think I know the answer, however, we have had some push back on these.

7.5.5 - Finished goods storage where there is a 'A' Painted Surface finish, dust can collect over a period of 2 months. Auditors have told them they are OK.... I have never heard this... Would this be a finding as Dust is on the parts now...? However, you have to wipe the parts and your finger will have dust on it.

7.5.3 - Small bins where parts are stored are labeled correctly, however, they pulling the parts and laying in below the bins on the work table to use. Some auditors have told them as long as they are in the vicinity the parts would NOT be considered Unidentified.

Any help would be appreciated...!

7.5.5 Preservation of Product & 7.5.3 Identification and Traceability

Need help on 2 issues which I think I know the answer, however, we have had some push back on these.

7.5.5 - Finished goods storage where there is a 'A' Painted Surface finish, dust can collect over a period of 2 months. Auditors have told them they are OK.... I have never heard this... Would this be a finding as Dust is on the parts now...? However, you have to wipe the parts and your finger will have dust on it.

7.5.3 - Small bins where parts are stored are labeled correctly, however, they pulling the parts and laying in below the bins on the work table to use. Some auditors have told them as long as they are in the vicinity the parts would NOT be considered Unidentified.

Any help would be appreciated...!
I see no issue with either situation. You have to be realistic.

a) Is there any harm from dust on the parts? Is the dust wiped off before use? In other words, what's the problem?

b) If you are using a part, how else would you identify it. The reality is that parts need to be removed from their container to be used. Close enough may in fact be close enough.

T

Taliesyn

I agree - we use many small parts when assembling our products. These are put into small bins - with our internal part number on the bin - but a small pile of parts on the workbench to save reaching over the top of an assembly was deemed acceptable by our (ever so slightly picky!!) external auditor. As far as the dust on parts is concerned, if we have that issue, we clean them and check for scratches, etc. before assembly. Although, we don't have them hanging around for 2 months - ours are used pretty well same day half the time.

Top Bottom