Help Needed: Quality Control / Assurance process

gwizze

Registered
I am a new Quality manager in a Tissue manufacturing company. I received an email from my top management to provide some information regarding the Quality assurance operation in our mill. Below is an excerpt from the email: "Please provide information on the quality control / assurance that the Group goes through to ensure product quality of both your primary and secondary manufacturing facilities – Two parts: (a) lab in your primary manufacturing plant for assessing the jumbo roll quality; (b) lab in your secondary manufacturing plant to assess quality from your primary manufacturing plant + quality of finished products".

Is there a particular format required? Will outlining our standard operating procedure for quality control / assurance operations be sufficient?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome to The Cove gwizze!

My goodness, it sounds either as if this Top Management has just awakened from a deep slumber, or if they read an article on Quality Assurance and copied down the words for the email. Where have they been all this time? Is this a test of some kind? Top management is expected to have some awareness of what is happening.

All right, enough of the snark. Does your organization have a Quality Plan? Something you give to customers for new product they buy? Look for one in your network. This is not the time to invent things from scratch.

You said you are new. How long have you been in your role?

gwizze

Registered
Thanks Jen Kirley for your prompt feedback.

Let me clarify that the information was requested from top management by a third party financial institution. I am guessing that they are one of our financiers. I was only asked to provide information that related to my department besides, other information were requested from other departmental heads as well.

Yes, we do have a robust Quality plan and it actually answers all the questions. Thanks!

I have been in this role for three months now and I am happy to be part of this great body of knowledge.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Top management from a 3rd party financial institution is asking for this? I feel creeped out.

Well I am glad you were able to find something to share with them so quickly. yikes

Top Bottom