Help With A Nautical Theme

C

Cheryl

Any nautical enthusists out there?

If so I could use some help on the starboard side. Our quarterly theme is "We can't adjust the wind, but we can adjust the sails as needed" and I'm trying to locate a short motivational video that would tie into the theme.

Is anyone aware of a motivational or team building type video that includes some reference to sailing?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
How about "Mutiny on the Bounty". Captain Bligh had a real hard time with the team he tried to develop, they had attitude problems, motivation issues, reward and retribution problems, goal setting and all the issues you find in the modern environment.

There is also a movie called "Wind" (Jennifer Grey & Matthew Modine, I think). It's about issues surrounding a fictional running of the America's Cup and the difficulties in obtaining support, funding, & the team itself.

Go "outside the box" when looking for examples.

:bigwave:

E

energy

Try this!

Cheryl,

There's a great little link on sailing, from beginners to experts. Lot of articles that you can copy and paste and create your presentation. because of our "Firewall" thingie, I don't believe I can put it in a post. I'm dumb:rolleyes: I will send it to your regular e-mail address. I do everything I can to help our Canadian neighbors.:bigwave: :smokin:

C

Cheryl

Can't do that Al, the bass aren't in season right now.

Energy, thank you very much for the link. Great site, loads of information I can cut and paste into a powerful powerpoint presentation. After searching throught the link I did come across a wide selection of videos offered for purchase. Now that I have titles I can search my local maria's & library to borrow.

The internet is a tremendous source of information that we sometimes forget to use to its full potential. Thank you for that reminder.

E

energy

The box

All Right Cheryl,

Glad to be of some assistance!

Randy,

Everytime I try to go outside the box looking for something, I fall back in! The walls are too high and I'm too old to crawl over them. Besides, it's comfy and safe in here!:biglaugh: :smokin:

Randy

Super Moderator
Energy,

I know what you mean. I learned to dig under or just take a run at the sides and bash my head thru. It's painful at times but it has worked.:biglaugh:

I have been listening to Tom Peters lately and he makes sense. I have been adopting the philosophy of being a little on the radical side with my clients. When doing 14K training the saving of the environment aspect is secondary to the saving of $$$ potential. I minimize/combine procedures when able and try to keep everything as simple as possible. It seems to be working.;)

I'm looking everywhere I can to get "out-of-the-box" ideas. In fact I just bought a book titled "Winnie the Pooh on Management". It's great, simple and crazy. I will keep it with my "Mary Kay on People Management". Both of those will figure in any management course I get to deliver. I have also located a book called "Moses on Team Building" or something like that. It will most likely make it into my "out-of-the-box" library.

Toodles:bigwave:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Randy
I have also located a book called "Moses on Team Building" or something like that. It will most likely make it into my "out-of-the-box" library.

So Randy, tell us about Moses on team building....I somehow find the idea of a guy that gathered up a bunch of whiners and complainers and proceded to lead them aimlessly about the desert for years on a journey that should have taken 11 days a stretch for a teamwork example. Unless.....that's the catch isn't it? Who knows, maybe I'm not too old to learn new tricks! Have a good one!:))

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
We Want A Book Review!

Originally posted by Randy

In fact I just bought a book titled "Winnie the Pooh on Management". It's great, simple and crazy.
You are going to give us a review in the Book Review forum, yes? :thedeal:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Amendment Class II - Please confirm if the submission is by email (Canada) - Help Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
T ISO/IEC 17065 certification scheme Help Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 7
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
SocalSurfer AS9100 new certificate, but need QMS software, help Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Case study help as per ISO 9001: 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Case study solution help required as per ISO 9001 : 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
MDD_QNA Medical Device Software - Is a Help Button required? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Help me improve the definition for internal PPM Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
I Help: QFD House of Quality Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
C New to Site - Request Help with API Q2 Implementation Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
O Please, help with document on ISO/ TS 17758 and (IDF 87: 1979). Thank you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Class medical device (MDD) - Classification help EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A Help with Drawing Review - ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q % Study variation low, % tolerance high - GR&R Interpretation help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
R Probability - Need a help to solve the below question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
M Thanks for the help Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Judy Abbott Can any one help me with an urgent BIOCOMPATIBILITY Impact assessment? Internal Auditing 9
A Help establishing regulatory requirements - Plastic dental cartridge syringe US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
T Burn out - Tips to help combat QC burnout Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S New to FAIR, need help in filling it out AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M Informational From RAPS: Danish Regulators Seek to Help Smaller Companies With EU MDR Compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Reliability Testing - Weibull Analysis Help Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
L Help me to decide which test to use - If each proportion belongs to the same population Using Minitab Software 7
M Informational US FDA issued the first warning letter for UDI violations to help ensure compliance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T QMS Template Help - Small machine shop/job shop Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Pls help --- Need expert advice on Video Measurement Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
B Will you please help me with my academic project? Repair & calibration service for test equipment ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
B [Help] Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
B Help with Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Q ISO 3310 Clarification Help - Aperture sizes for sieves used for particle sorting Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Ajit Basrur Need help to understand HIPAA requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
JoshuaFroud FDA Form MDSAP AU F0029.1.004 - Help with Completion US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
supadrai Aviation MRO Project facility coming to U-Tapao airport in Thailand - Help Career and Occupation Discussions 2
E Small one man shop with QMS (shoptech e2) | AS9100 cert help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 46
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
K Please help identify appropriate statistical treatment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
S Help develop sampling plan for prototype samples (medical devices) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
J Nonconforming product procedures SOP help :) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
J Help with Arburg Allround 320s Injection Molding Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Z I need help with getting a CFS in China Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Help me build an Excel Spreadsheet for tracking training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 14
S Need help wrapping my head around confidence vs beta error Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
P Received a minor for not having good measureables/goals. Need help with KPIs. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 52