Help with Process Flow Diagram - Please Review Mine!

D

damanhill

processes

i have attached a diagram of our processes and wondered if it was on the right lines can anyone help me out??? i am getting bogged down with this process stuff and am finding it hard to get my head around.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I think you're on the right track. A few quick comments based on a quick review FWIW...

One box (regarding cust. supplied material) has no input -- what triggers this action?

Where do you show what methods you use to ensure that the processes are effective -- i.e. measurement or monitoring of the process steps?

Just a couple thoughts. There are many here in the Cove better at this than I who may be able to help more.

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Daman,

We started changing our system to process maps about two years ago and went through the pain and fog which no doubt your going through.

Now we have gone through our TS audit my schedule is settling down a little, if you would like to see how we approached the change you are welcome to visit us in the next week or so.

We're on ly a couple of hours up the motorway, give me a call. My number / email is on my user profile.

K

KEVIN MURTHY - 2003

ISO/TS 16949 TURTLE AND OCTOPUS HEADACHES !

Sure enough , the TS evangalists are demanding
TURTLES and OCTUPUSES , can anyone help in
clarifying this.

I promise to post or send you, all and any that comes my way on this.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS...

Kevin, "Turtle" diagrams and "Octopus" diagrams are not a requirement and as such cannot be demanded by your CB.
The only requirement is to IDENTIFY processes. How you do that is your call. Whatever works for you and your company.

D

damanhill

help with process flow diagram

thanks Sam,

i did it without the maps etc and found it much easier, the CB liked it too.

cheers
daman

D

damanhill

teknow,

turtle & octopus diagrams are flow charts, process maps, mind maps etc pictorial ways of showing work practices etc

does that help??

daman

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Sales Order Process Flow Plan (Flow Chart) Steps help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C AS9102 Process Flow Help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Clutch Plate Blackening Process - Help with process flow and details Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Containment Process Flow - Need help creating one Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A Need help with the process flow chart on my 4th edition PPAP! APQP and PPAP 5
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
L Please help me with the process of getting ISO 9001 certified Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 15
J Please help me understand what a process is ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
alonFAI Gamma Irradiation Process Validation Help Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
alonFAI PCBAs Process Validation Help (Regulations FDA) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
R Supplier Process Review and Issue Communication SOP/Form help wanted Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
S Can you help improve assembly process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
W Help explaining the need for the Process Approach AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Sean Kelley Help explaining LPA (Layered Process Audits) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
D Generating a detailed Process Plan - Help needed Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 6
P PFMEA (Process FMEA) Recommended Actions help FMEA and Control Plans 9
J Help in Process Auditing - Turtle Diagram Examples Internal Auditing 2
T TS 16949 Process Audit Help - Confused Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 8
B Product Realisation Process Map - Need some help, please review and comment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
S Freshman needs help with ISO 13485 Audit Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 46
F How does Process Mapping help to make a process more Transparent to the Customer? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
S Trend Review and Process Improvement help needed Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
U Contract Review Process help and Software Recommendations Contract Review Process 8
T PFMEA of Die casting Process--Help needed? FMEA and Control Plans 5
R Process VSM (Value Stream Mapping) help needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
F Help with Nonconforming Product Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K Need help in Setting up a Process for Tracking RMAs with Traceability Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
R Etching Ink Process for Identification Purposes - Help needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Process Validation Format for Press (Stamping) Operations - Help needed APQP and PPAP 11
P Need help on DOE (Design of Experiments) - EPS molding process Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
F Process & Tooling Validation Help Needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
K No Formal Design Process - Audit Finding - Help with Section 7.3 of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
Y First draft of our QMS Process (Services Industry) - NewB to ISO - QMS Process Help ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B Help for beginner - PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) APQP and PPAP 9
A Business Process Mapping help needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
S Kaizen event for the final QA inspection process - Kaizen help Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
R Business Process Map Guide - Help Needed Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
H Documented 8-D Process - Need Help Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
J Help me make a judgement about transferring this process Six Sigma 6
samer Statistical Analysis for Sales Process? Can you help? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
C Help me to calculate the yield and process quality in terms of the dpmu Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
S I need help about Dyeing process - Is dying process a special process? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A Process FMEA - Help in deciding "detection ranking" of a failure mode FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Please Help Me To Refer Few Site On Process Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
Manix Automotive Sampling Plans. HELP! Working on an Automotive process control plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Calibration process study help needed - Have I have selected a correct test design? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Ron Rompen Need help with Flowcharting the PPAP Process APQP and PPAP 6
S Outsourced Process - Calibration - HELP! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Q Process FMEA - Need help to clarify O (Occurrence) and D (Detection) rankings FMEA and Control Plans 26
I Process Auditing for our TS system - Please help and review if you would be so kind Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 7