SBS - The best value in QMS software

Hexalobe Go/NoGo Gage Calibrations

K

kradzik

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the calibration of hexalobe go/nogo gages. We are able to measure them like a dimensional inspection for the print for them on a vision system, but I have a feeling there is a better way. Is there a standard that guides the calibration process for these devices. I've read ISO 10664, but it doesn't really give any calibration guidance. Any help would be appreciated!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
P

PH8L1

I use a calibrated caliper to measure each side of the gauge and they must be accurate within one thousandth of an IN. or ±.001 This keeps everything NIST traceable. I keep a record of 5 readings of each side of the gauge. Most of the time the calibration is good for 1 year. If the gauge looks to be showing signs of wear or the calibration was pushing the limits I set them for a 6 month check. This will also depend on how frequent your equipment is used.

K

kradzik

Do you have any standard from which you based this method on? I'm working with an FDA audited customer to try to provide them support for these.

P

PH8L1

NIST traceable is a good way to explain this to customers. Usually they understand how that works but I would explain it to them with the chain of calibration. The caliper was calibrated with gauge blocks that were certified from this company until a certain date and the company should have a NIST certificate or be able to show you their chain of calibration which will eventually lead to the state standard and all the way to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Setting the tolerance to be within one thousandth is based on customer requirements. Not sure if this is a written rule or just our way but we take the customer requirement and try to calibrate it 10 times more accurate. example if the customer wanted something within 1 inch we would try to calibrate tools for that within 1/10 of an inch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Ron Rompen Source needed for Spline Form gauge (GO and NOGO members) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
N Formula that will calculate the NoGo Major Diameter of an M20 x 1.5 6H Thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M How to make Plug Gauge No & NoGo Sizes Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
A Minimum Number of Parts for Attribute (Go / NoGo) Data Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Manix MSA - How to Approach a Gauge R&R Go/NoGo Attribute Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
CycleMike 7.6.1 - ".....type of measurements system" and Plug Go/NoGo gages IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
L Creation of Sample Parts to perform Gage R&R - Go/NoGo to Check Threading Operation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
S What is the best way to calibrate a Go NoGo Gauge Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Circularity tolerance of 0.25mm - The correct Go/NoGo gauge size Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
J Thread gages -using the NOGO end correctly. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 34
O Queston on magnets - A Go/NOGo gage I have has magnets - How do I calibrate Magnets? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
T Plug Gage Calibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
L Gage R&R TMV Acceptance Criteria Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
E Zero part to part variation - Gage R&R project Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
M Gage R&R and right way to measure Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
L Gage RandR on automated equipment. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
D Difference between Test Method Validation and Gage R&R Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 18
R Determining Uncertainty from Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Gage Block Wringing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Gage R&R with NDC=1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Type 1 Gage R&R or something else? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Gage R&R with more than 3 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
S Gage R&R on alloy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Gage R&R studies for identical Devices - Need to confirm the requirement to perform them Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Functional Gage for TOP applied at RFS Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
F No reproducibility Error in Gage R&R? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7