SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

"Hire Insider" from Career Builder - have you tried it?

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
As I was browsing, I came across this little feature
http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobreport/?sc_cmp2=JS_HP_Tools_hireinsider
which purports to give folks who have applied for a job through a Career Builder listing the following:
hireINSIDER will show you:
How many people applied
Education levels
Salary information
Years of experience
Cover letter usage
And more.....

1. Have any of you tried this feature?
  2. What were your results?
  3. Would you recommend others try it or not?
  4. Why?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
T

tomvehoski

My guess is that it is just an attempt by careerbuilder to get more information from you that they can sell to their advertisers. Salary and other information is required, then it tells you you have to apply to a job to get your "free report". I've applied to many, but it still won't show me my free report. I'm guessing the free report probably requires signing up for something that is not free down the road. LinkedIn is doing something similar where you can see more detailed profile information on others that you are not linked to. First month free, then $$$.

Careerbuilder is the biggest spam generator of all the job sites IMO. It also seems to have the most shady recruiters that appear to be overseas and not actually contracted to represent the companies they claim to be recruiting for.

I had several e-mails from a "Rachel Smith" for a local job that looked pretty good, but it came in at an odd hour for US business. I called anyway, and got a very robotic sounding answering system. Finally got through to a male with a very heavy Indian accent. He was very confused when I asked to speak to Rachel, who he claimed worked for him after stumbling a bit. Said "someone" would get back to me. Got a call a day or so later from another male, who left a voicemail asking what salary I was looking for "in rupees". Got several more calls, all of which I ignored. Never did find Rachel.

At best it is foreign call center workers trying to match up jobs they don't really represent with people on Careerbuilder. At worst it is a phishing scam.

Be very careful with information you give to job boards or people claiming to have jobs. Assume they are trying to scam you until you can verify they are really who they say they are, have a physical presence in your country, etc.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
My guess is that it is just an attempt by careerbuilder to get more information from you that they can sell to their advertisers. Salary and other information is required, then it tells you you have to apply to a job to get your "free report". I've applied to many, but it still won't show me my free report. I'm guessing the free report probably requires signing up for something that is not free down the road. LinkedIn is doing something similar where you can see more detailed profile information on others that you are not linked to. First month free, then $$$.

Careerbuilder is the biggest spam generator of all the job sites IMO. It also seems to have the most shady recruiters that appear to be overseas and not actually contracted to represent the companies they claim to be recruiting for.

I had several e-mails from a "Rachel Smith" for a local job that looked pretty good, but it came in at an odd hour for US business. I called anyway, and got a very robotic sounding answering system. Finally got through to a male with a very heavy Indian accent. He was very confused when I asked to speak to Rachel, who he claimed worked for him after stumbling a bit. Said "someone" would get back to me. Got a call a day or so later from another male, who left a voicemail asking what salary I was looking for "in rupees". Got several more calls, all of which I ignored. Never did find Rachel.

At best it is foreign call center workers trying to match up jobs they don't really represent with people on Careerbuilder. At worst it is a phishing scam.

Be very careful with information you give to job boards or people claiming to have jobs. Assume they are trying to scam you until you can verify they are really who they say they are, have a physical presence in your country, etc.
Always good advice!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Contractor Requirements before hire Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
Sidney Vianna ISO/TS 30411:2018 Human resource management - Quality of hire metric Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
J Changing of our New Hire Orientation Training Records Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
E Do I hire a Chemist or a non-Chemist and provide training ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P I need to Borrow or Hire a Surface Roughness (Ra) Measuring Equipment Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Do we need to hire more people? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Organization Quality Functions Presentation for New Hire Orientation Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
P Do Suppliers hire PPAP/APQP contract Auditors - Can I make a living as one? APQP and PPAP 3
Q One page overview of ISO 9001 that I could use during new hire orientation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
J Internal Audit by hire that didn't work out General Auditing Discussions 18
G New to ISO 9001 - Hire a consultant or try to tackle implementation on our own ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
C New Hire Training - Different requirements for skilled vs unskilled Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
A Should I take an online course for a career in Occupational Health and Safety? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
A Capability Study - in the beginning of your career what should you have known about the tool Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
A ISO 9001 lead auditor as Full time career India Career and Occupation Discussions 2
O Guidance Regarding Career In Health Information Management Career and Occupation Discussions 0
R Career Path - Financial to Manufacturing Career and Occupation Discussions 1
Q Guidance Needed For Mapping Career Path Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S ISO 9001 Audit Observations - Transitioning my career into auditing Career and Occupation Discussions 16
C I'm starting my Career in Quality Assurance Career and Occupation Discussions 8
W Great way to work hard for your career Career and Occupation Discussions 4
S AS9100 Auditor Career Path Options Career and Occupation Discussions 8
A Career Path Options for Quality Assurance Engineer in Roads & Infrastructure Field Career and Occupation Discussions 2
ScottK Is there a point in your career where ASQ certs become meaningless? Career and Occupation Discussions 13
C Career Change - Machinist to Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 10
Wes Bucey Emerging industries and markets as a career choice Career and Occupation Discussions 5
M Outsourced Audits - Career Question Career and Occupation Discussions 19
T Best Career Improving Actions? Career and Occupation Discussions 3
M ISO 9001 Coordinator/Auditor Career Career and Occupation Discussions 5
R Document Control Person - Setting KPIs, Development Plan, and Career Path Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
S Change in Career Path - Logical Steps Up and Ways Forward Career and Occupation Discussions 3
S What career path I should take and how to get work experience? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
E Career Plan - ISO13485 Lead Auditor Course/IRCA certified ISO9001 Lead Auditor Course Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
S Quality as a Career Path with a Management Degree Career and Occupation Discussions 8
S Please help me define training requirements for a Career in Regulatory Affairs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
W Where to start an Auditing Career? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
P Advice for Career Change - Energy or Customer service ? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
M Career Planing - I want to improve my qualifications Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
1 Advice on ASQ certifications to strengthen my resume and continue in QA for my career Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
J Career Planning Advice wanted Career and Occupation Discussions 8
F Career Problem - Industrial design, QA, what next? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
S Auditing Career: Dealing with Mentally Unstable Managers Career and Occupation Discussions 7
A How should I continue my quality career in U.S.? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M No Experience - Needing Some Advice To Start Career In Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 7
AnaMariaVR2 What online communities are useful to your career? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
hogheavenfarm My winding Career path - QP article Imported Legacy Blogs 1
T ISO 9001 Auditor Career without Quality Background? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
M Developing a Career Plan Career and Occupation Discussions 5
M Quality Career Questions - Degree in Applied Mathematics Career and Occupation Discussions 4