Holiday Season 2014 - Giving to others

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are in December. This is traditionally recognized as a time to give to others. That may be giving at the Red Kettle for the Salvation Army, giving to food banks, just getting that new high-demand toy for your kid, giving time at a soup kitchen, or a thousand other ways.

While this is the traditional time, many give more than in December. Many give anytime or even all year.

Over the decades I have come to know that the real joy in giving comes from giving for someone who cannot do for themselves, and being humbled at the true effect that has.

Please share how you give, if you are comfortable. Hopefully that will encourage others here. Perhaps someone wants to give and is at a loss how, and what you do may help give them a way. If you know how it may have affected someone, please feel free to share that also. Not to blow your own horn, so to speak, but so others can know that giving truly does make a difference in a life. I will share below, but want others to share also.

Laura and I give Teddy Bears every month to Law Enforcement for children in distress. The feedback we have received at once rips our hearts out and humbles us, that something so simple as giving a Teddy Bear makes a difference in the life of a child.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Giving to others

Moving gave us a chance to give a whole bunch of stuff to people who need it. Jeff put an ad on Craigs list and a nice young couple came and happily took away our easy chairs and other pieces of furniture for their new place. A bunch of nice coats went to an area shelter. I had a bunch of new Beanie Babies that also went to the shelter, little kids need a stuffie to hug sometimes.

S

Spazz

Re: Giving to others

I have always found that the most rewarding gift I can give is my time and my energy through the privilege of volunteering.

But I also want to take this opportunity to thank all the members of this forum who regularly give their advice and to Marc for giving us a space for that to happen.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Randy

Super Moderator
Traditionally for many years I would give out a traffic ticket or 2 on Christmas morning:lol: , but for the last 40 years or so I have been participating in the Marine Corps Toys-for Tot's drive

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Its in giving that we receive the most blessings. Most of all I would like to commend the members of the Cove Community for giving their wealth of information for the questions that at being asked in the forum. Thank you. Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Trip to the USA - Must-Eat Food? Holiday Planning Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 57
Hershal Interesting Israel Holiday Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Hershal Holiday traditions and more..... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Q Holiday Superstitions - Origins of Christmas pudding, mistletoe and holly, etc. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
J Arrivederci - Holiday in Europe! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
Jim Wynne Holiday Greetings Flash Animation Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
B Holiday Humor Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
Marc Airfare climbs 15% for 2006 holiday Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 0
A Michigan USA based Cove 'ers - Holiday Greetings Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
Claes Gefvenberg The 2014 F1 season... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 27
BradM 2010 Post-Season Baseball Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
jasonb067 Tailgate Food - Football season is getting near Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Hershal BBC series of Robin Hood - Last episode end of 3rd season Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Keith Childers 2009 NFL Season Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 91
Claes Gefvenberg The rainy season. Imported Legacy Blogs 0
P 2008-09 NFL Season Discussion Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 371
Hershal All the PC stuff........ Happy Holidays and Season's Greetings Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Scott Catron 2005 NFL Season (and fantasy football too) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 50
A ISO 11135:2014, B.1.4, BI resistance x product bioburden ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
E ASTM F2118 - Fatigue testing of bone cement - Changes between the 2003 and the 2014? Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
R ISO 10079-1:2014 on electric powered nasal aspirator Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
Kuldeep Singh Electromagnetic Compatibility Test IEC 60601-1-2: 2014 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
B PED 2014/68/EU - Is this Traceability audit finding correct? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
B Does EMC Directive 2014/30/EU cease to apply when the Machine Directive 2006/42/EC is applicable? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Informational EU Review and assessment of market surveillance activities 2014-2016 – Medical devices sector Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N Harmonization dates of IEC 60601-1-2:2014 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
O IEC 60601-1-2:2014 Test plan guidance CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
D Testing to IEC 60825-1:2007 vs. IEC 60825-1:2014 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
M API 6D-2014 24th Ed. Pto 6.10 - Heat Treatment Equipment Qualifications Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
E PMDA Act, Nov 2014 revisions - source in English? Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
B RoHS Directive 2014/5/EU Leaded Solder Exemption RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
P JIS T 0601-1:2014 Transition Date IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R 510(k) Draft Guidance issued: 2011 vs 2014 - Appendix C. 510(k) Process diagram gone US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M BS 10008:2014 Registration - UKAS accredited company in the UK to assess our company IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
Hershal First ever college football playoff? 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Ajit Basrur Happy Birthday Claes - 2014 Covegratulations 8
Marc Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays - 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 21
R Fiat Chrysler Automobiles US LLC Customer-Specific Requirements - Dec 2014 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
bio_subbu NBOG Publishes revised best practice guidance documents (Nov 2014) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Active X and latest update from Microsoft - Dec 2014 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
K May 16 2014 Official Journal of the European Union Publication - 60601-2-33 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Wes Bucey Thanksgiving - 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 6 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 0
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 5 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 4 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 3 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 2 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
Marc API Documents Starter Kit - 2014 - Part 1 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
Hershal Veterans Day - 11 November 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
M Australian Meddev Regulations Updated 5 Nov 2014 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0