Honda Audits - Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit?

I've been through GM and Ford audits but not Honda.. Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit? Our quality is top notch but from what I hear Honda is tough. Just looking for any examples of something you thought you had but failed when it came to the audit... Not sure if this is the right place for this but thought I'd ask.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I used to work in Supplier Quality at Honda. We were thorough. However, we have standardized the type of information we were seeking, and we are not trying to surprise Suppliers. Ask your Honda Contact for a copy of the audit checklist they would be using as a baseline. If I recall correctly, there may be a template of the checklist in the Supplier Quality Manual, or on the Honda Supply Team website.

bryan willemot

Starting to get Involved
Here is Honda's QAV-1 self assessment, they will ask for you to do prior to there QAV-1 audit, its been my experience in the past that if you supply Honda with parts and your report card is not good, then you are on notice and are having to go through a QAV-1 audit. they have a QAV audit team that comes to your plant and does the audit, word of advice, DO NOT fill the self audit out thinking your "quality is top notch" because there purpose is to knock it down a few notches.

Attachments

I have personally experienced HONDA QAV Audit, infact i was incharge of the QAV Audit conducted at my company by Honda. They dive into minute/ minor details which a person cannot expect they can go into such details. They always kept their vendors on the move.

I have also gone through QAV-2 audit of Honda at my company. QAV-2 audit is done in 5 step. Each step has it purpose.
QAV-2 (Step-1= For System Assessment)
QAV-2 (step-2= MCP verification and preparation check
QAV-2 )Step-3= Dan lot prepartion check
QAV-2 (Step-4=Qaulity Preparation check
QAV-2 step-5 is done to check mass production readiness at vendor end.
All check sheet related documents are on my blog article learnatool.blogspot.com
Its all come under APQPP process of New Product Development.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Honda vs. GZM Specifications - Is GZMR110612828 is same as HES C206? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
J Revised Honda Supplier Quality Manual dated 5/1/2011 Available Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
Chennaiite Hero Honda No More - The Two-Wheeler Dominated Market World News 1
J New Honda SQAM (Supplier Quality Assurance Manual) November 2010 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10
U Honda U3-X Personal mobility device World News 4
M Honda: Nap direction in fabrics IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
bobdoering Fuel price cuts, economy crimp Honda World News 0
bobdoering Honda's in crisis mode, cuts outlook World News 0
Marc Honda withdraws from Formula One racing World News 20
C Honda PPAP requirements APQP and PPAP 8
Sidney Vianna Honda Racing F1 Team takes environmental pole position World News 9
kedarg6500 Honda "5 P" Root Cause Analysis Method Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 25
W Can an OEM like Honda, GM, Ford can get TS 16949 certification? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 29
R Supplier Non Conforming Product Impact/Severity - Honda document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
S Honda to expand production in the UK Swindon plant World News 1
Marc Honda Selects Indiana for $550 Million Assembly Plant World News 6
Marc Honda Accord Advanced Driver Assist System (ADAS) auto-pilot system World News 3
Marc Honda introduces its new small car, the Fit World News 0
R SPEC, according to Honda, it's meaning? Sourcing QAV Evaluation Form Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Q Spec JEC270C-10/10 - Is this a Honda specification? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
Marc Honda Motor Co. will recall thousands of its Odyssey minivans - Airbag Sensors World News 0
Marc Recalls: Toyota, DaimlerChrysler, Honda - May 2005 World News 12
S What are the Japanese Big 3 Requirements - Nissan, Toyota, Honda Customer and Company Specific Requirements 16
B Honda - What's different from US OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) requirements? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
5 Honda Supplier Quality Manual - Where to Obtain? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
K Honda Surface Roughness Callout (ex. 12.5S) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
M Honda Requirement HES C 206 - Flammability specification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10
Marc Honda and ISO / TS 16949 - AIAG, ANFIA, FIEV, JAMA, SMMT and VDA VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 13
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
H ISO 13485 - Separate Microbiology Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
H Remote product audits in Coivd-19 - IATF 16949 9.2.2.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
JoCam Increase to bi-annual ISO 13485 audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
R Is it required to have an SOP for external audits? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
G Internal Audits and Employee engagement Internal Auditing 16
D Root Cause for Missed Audits Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
C Design and implementation of process audits as defined within IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Internal Audits - Categories of non conformances Internal Auditing 12
G Non Conformance During ISO 9001 Audit - Not All Internal Audits Completed General Auditing Discussions 19
K A way to monitor our Internal Audits as a KPI AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7