Honda Audits - Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit?

M

mdk0568

I've been through GM and Ford audits but not Honda.. Does anyone have any experience with the QAV audit? Our quality is top notch but from what I hear Honda is tough. Just looking for any examples of something you thought you had but failed when it came to the audit... Not sure if this is the right place for this but thought I'd ask.

Paul2019

Registered
I used to work in Supplier Quality at Honda. We were thorough. However, we have standardized the type of information we were seeking, and we are not trying to surprise Suppliers. Ask your Honda Contact for a copy of the audit checklist they would be using as a baseline. If I recall correctly, there may be a template of the checklist in the Supplier Quality Manual, or on the Honda Supply Team website.

bryan willemot

Involved In Discussions
Here is Honda's QAV-1 self assessment, they will ask for you to do prior to there QAV-1 audit, its been my experience in the past that if you supply Honda with parts and your report card is not good, then you are on notice and are having to go through a QAV-1 audit. they have a QAV audit team that comes to your plant and does the audit, word of advice, DO NOT fill the self audit out thinking your "quality is top notch" because there purpose is to knock it down a few notches.

Attachments

• QAV-1 Self Assessment Report.xlsm
    363.8 KB · Views: 891

mzainsidd

Registered
I have personally experienced HONDA QAV Audit, infact i was incharge of the QAV Audit conducted at my company by Honda. They dive into minute/ minor details which a person cannot expect they can go into such details. They always kept their vendors on the move.

ChrisM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Of more concern than age at this point is surely "where in the world are you located, and where are you looking to work?"
Best of luck in your search BTW, it's happened to me a few times over the years

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
age as a "scrutiny factor" is ILLEGAL!!!
Legality always depends on the jurisdiction. Just because some developed countries have laws against age discrimination does not mean all over the world things are done the same way.

Further, there are perfectly legal age restrictions. For example, in the good old USA, airlines can not employ commercial pilots after they turn 65. In Brazil, Supreme Court justices are mandatorily retired when they turn 75, I believe. On the other end of the spectrum, there are minimum age requirements for political offices. So, age is scrutinized legally in many instances.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hi Thanks I am from India. City Pune. Looking for opportunities Jobs, Auditing, consultanting, Trainings , I can support in Electronic manufacturing set-up
Electronic manufacturing is my core expertise
Thanks
This is not the correct place to look

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Legality always depends on the jurisdiction. Just because some developed countries have laws against age discrimination does not mean all over the world things are done the same way.

Further, there are perfectly legal age restrictions. For example, in the good old USA, airlines can not employ commercial pilots after they turn 65. In Brazil, Supreme Court justices are mandatorily retired when they turn 75, I believe. On the other end of the spectrum, there are minimum age requirements for political offices. So, age is scrutinized legally in many instances.

Yup, you are correct.

Also, since blue is the rarest color occurring in nature the Palos Verde Butterfly is the rarest butterfly in the world. It is amazing that nature makes sure and completes the color spectrum in these beautiful creatures.

Top Bottom