Hooray For Me

J
Just had to Gloat.

I just sent all of the level 2 docs to our IT dude for installing on our intranet. It's been a long 8 months.

My thanks to Marc for the help and kick in the pants last April.

Now the fun begins. When folks begin to be audited to them.

ON WITH THE SHOW. :vfunny:

HAVE A NICE WEEKEND FOLKS:bigwave:

James.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
E

energy

JRKH said:

Just had to Gloat.

I just sent all of the level 2 docs to our IT dude for installing on our intranet. It's been a long 8 months.

James.
James,

What a lucky guy. I have to put mine on the intranet. Do you have Secretary, too?:p :ko: :smokin:

J
Re: Re: Hooray For Me

energy said:

James,

What a lucky guy. I have to put mine on the intranet. Do you have Secretary, too?:p :ko: :smokin:

No such luck ole buddy. I just ain't aloud to touch the intranet stuff. AH ain't edikated

Oh by the way, energy, NICE FISH!!

James

D

David Mullins

just more questions

James,
- So is the information easily accessible (user friendly indexing to the links) or do you still have to be psychic to find the right doc?
- does everyone have ready PC access?
- can employees still access the files via explorer (back door)?
- are files issue/version identified?
- can forms be electronically completed and emailed?
- how will you notify people of changes?
- is everyone accessing the same info?
- what contingencies are in place for printed copies?
and on it goes.

Intranet systems are not effective unless well thought out.
Good luck.

J
Re: just more questions

David Mullins said:

James,
- So is the information easily accessible (user friendly indexing to the links) or do you still have to be psychic to find the right doc?
- does everyone have ready PC access?
- can employees still access the files via explorer (back door)?
- are files issue/version identified?
- can forms be electronically completed and emailed?
- how will you notify people of changes?
- is everyone accessing the same info?
- what contingencies are in place for printed copies?
and on it goes.

Intranet systems are not effective unless well thought out.
Good luck.

David,

There is always one who has to rain on the parade.:p :vfunny:

Seriously. Those are good questions and I have covered most of them with our IT guru. We should be in pretty good shape.

James

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Well....Make that two!

I'll add a little more water...actually just another issue to be addressed, which you probably already have but I haven't seen it mentioned:

What is the disaster plan? If, for whatever reason, the network/computers aren't functioning properly...how are the documents accessed?

We too, have specs and work instructions on an intranet - however not all departments have access. While this is being worked on (actually on hold due to shortage of $$$) Document Manual are still inplace where needed. Additionally, I still keep a complete document catalog in the office. In case of network/access failure - these documents are accessable 24/7 (since I'm only here 8/5) as a back-up.

BTW...I don't have a secretary either! In all honesty there isn't one at our site at all unless you count the receptionist - but she really doesn't fill a true secretary role.

:) Eileen

J
Re: Well....Make that two!

E Wall said:

I'll add a little more water...actually just another issue to be addressed, which you probably already have but I haven't seen it mentioned:

What is the disaster plan? If, for whatever reason, the network/computers aren't functioning properly...how are the documents accessed?

BTW...I don't have a secretary either! In all honesty there isn't one at our site at all unless you count the receptionist - but she really doesn't fill a true secretary role.

Eileen,

I have a complete set on My computer and also a hard copy set in a binder. Changes must go through me and all of these sets (my computer, master copy and Intranet) must match.

James

E

energy

Re: Well....Make that two!

E Wall said:

Overkill?
How long would anyone be without a document? How often are they accessed? If it were here, everybody would know the computors are down and not having access to documents wouldn't change a thing. They already know the procedures. What few standardized forms we have on the Intranet are password protected to maintain revision status so they are not filled in electronically. The majority of forms which become "records" are identified and not on the Intranet. Every department has paper that is particular to them and we refuse to "control" them by doing them over with revisions, form numbers. You don't have to. Just identify by record name, owners and location.
Our main problem would be our computerized sales system for the Distribution side of the business. Internet Sales, etc..But, like losing electricity to the facility, there is nothing to do but wait. I do not believe anyone can cover every emergency. And shame on any Company that needs to access the Intranet to know how to operate their business. JMHO. :bigwave: :ko: :smokin:

Top Bottom