How can 5S (Five S) purify our mind? Concentration and calm in our mind and mood?

S

s_warin

How can 5S purify our mind?

Someone said that doing the 5S activity can help us purify our mind. 5S activity gives us concentration and calm in our mind and mood. Please tell us your experiences.:agree:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
N

NITIN

You bet it does.Try applying 5s to all that paper on your desktop.Result -you end up trashing 80%and delegating the remaing 20%.What better receipe to PEACE OF MIND!!!

N

noboxwine

CHOOSE CLEAN

Peace of mind? You betcha!! A sloppy environment is directly proportional to sloppy performance, period. What better peace of mind than to be able to know where something is, all time and know it's in clean and operable condition. When I see a messy facility, I immediately question how effective their system is and my instincts haven’t failed yet. Show me tidy working environment and I’ll show you better output. Be gone with the pigs!!!!:bigwave:

S

s_warin

The better workplace is the goal of 5S activities.

The better workplace, better environment of the workplace is the goal of the 5S activities.

While doing the activities can we make our minds clean. Can we concentrate only the work we are doing. Can we point our mind to the one point, doing that work. Our mind is in the present, not in the past or in the future.

While you are seperating the good thing from the bad thing in seiri, can you identify what is good, wha is bad.

While you are placing thing into a proper place of thing, can you put your mind in the right place, right thinking.

While you are cleaning the area, the thing, can you dispose dirty thinking from you mind.

Keeping doing, Keeping practicing the Seiri, Seiton and Seiso till it is your habit. Keeping seperating good and bad, put your mind in the right place and right thinking and dispose bad thinking from your mind until they are your habit.

:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H CQA Exam - Do I really have to go five hours without a drink? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
R CFDA updated five regulations to be effective from October 1, 2014 China Medical Device Regulations 16
J Is a ndc less than five is also acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P Does the term ISO 9001:2008 imply we are all five years out of date? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Ticketing System to Manage Five Service Lines for proposed QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H What are the five levels of PPAP? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
Sidney Vianna From Human Resources to Outsourcing ? ISO expands work in five areas Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
U Five S Implementation at Home Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Stijloor Five-figure Bonuses Stun Employees World News 13
U Five Minute management Course Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R Why five post before you can send messages? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
K Guidelines and Rules regarding 5S (Five S) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
H Five S checklist examples etc... Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Marc Five Strange Materials including Liquids you can Walk on Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
H Five Minute OHSAS 18001 Presentation for Top Management Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 11
V For the Ladies of the Cove - Five Tips for a Woman Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
A Six sigma - Why not five sigma? Six Sigma 12
Marc Ford likely to close five North American plants World News 3
Q Gage R&R lite? This form only uses two operators measuring five parts one time Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
Marc Five S Foundation - A brief powerpoint .ppt presentation General Information Resources 0
T CSQE (Software Quality Engineer) Certification - Five Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
C Implementing ISO 9001 or other QMS - Five Questions about your experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
H Five Foot Caliper vs. Tape Measure - Tolerance issues General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Is 5 (Five) S activity a part of TPM? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 2
M Sustaining the 5S (Five S) Program - What can I do to keep the effort ongoing? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
A 5S (Five S) Slogan Ideas - Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu, Shitsuke Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 77
D Five S (5S) and the Toyota Production System Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 32
A Cpk's for five different dimensions on castings Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
U 5S (Five S) Method - Basic Discussion Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
K How do Kaizen and 5S (Five S) fit in a quality system? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
M Risk/Benefit vs. benefit-risk - Revising an SOP covering Risk Management with the MDR in mind EU Medical Device Regulations 10
G Training Employees about Quality - Philosophy / Mind set Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Marc Mind-bending optical illusion paintings Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Marc It's Sunday - 6 April 2014 - What's on your mind today? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
J Just to mess with your mind... What's a "Ton of Money" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
N Does anyone have any experience or feedback using mind mapping software? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Wes Bucey Update: State of mind during the job hunt (Good habits vs. bad habits) Career and Occupation Discussions 12
S A little weight on my mind for New Year's - Measurement Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
Q Conference Call with Supplier - What points/issues should we keep in mind? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
sathis Mind Mapping Web Site Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
Marc Brainstorming And Mind Mapping in Life Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 1
Jim Wynne FreeMind: Open Source Mind Mapping Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
E FIRST Kiss - I's your first kiss and several questions might come to mind Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
R Seeking ISO 17025 tools to help keep my employees in the mind frame of ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Process Maps - I made my mind up - We do not need maps Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 10
RoxaneB Visual illusions and mind bogglers Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 23
Douglas E. Purdy Human Resources Mind Map ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
WALLACE Mind Mapping in the Quality Arena Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 42
Claes Gefvenberg Improvement tools - Best practices - Including Mind Maps vs. Fishbone Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 22