How Can I Implement the Process Approach in AS9100C

K

kitty05

Good morning,
I'm looking for suggestions and examples of changing over a text based approach of our QMS to a process approach. New to the systems end of things and this is my task.
Thnx

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Good morning,
I'm looking for suggestions and examples of changing over a text based approach of our QMS to a process approach. New to the systems end of things and this is my task.
Thnx
Welcome to the Cove. :D

I moved your post to a more appropriate forum.

Can you tell us what you mean by "text-based approach"?

K

kitty05

All our procedures based on AS9100C are all text based (words on a page) and in my new role, I have been tasked to change over to a process based approach as Revision C requires. My thinking was to have a cover page, a page covering the who-what-where-when, a page with a SIPOC, then a page to cover effectiveness (measures, goals, targets, CA - PA). I was wondering if someone else has implemented this in their quality system, they perhaps may have an example I could mimic.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
All our procedures based on AS9100C are all text based (words on a page) and in my new role, I have been tasked to change over to a process based approach as Revision C requires. My thinking was to have a cover page, a page covering the who-what-where-when, a page with a SIPOC, then a page to cover effectiveness (measures, goals, targets, CA - PA). I was wondering if someone else has implemented this in their quality system, they perhaps may have an example I could mimic.

I'm no expert on aerospace matters, but I can tell you that you can design a process-based QMS and still have documented procedures (text-based, as you put it). They're not mutually exclusive concepts.

Peter Fraser

Trusted Information Resource
I'm no expert on aerospace matters, but I can tell you that you can design a process-based QMS and still have documented procedures (text-based, as you put it). They're not mutually exclusive concepts.
Agreed, but a set of process descriptions in some form of flowchart format can often do away with much of the narrative procedures of old - or at least link to detailed procedures where required.

K

kitty05

That's exactly right! Our procedures and processes are very wordy and we are trying to simplify. I was wondering if anyone else has tried to change over to this approach?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good morning,
Thnx

Is this an Aerospace company? AS9100 / AS9110 or AS9120....

and have you familiarize yourself with "turtle Diagram"

Big Jim

Admin
That's exactly right! Our procedures and processes are very wordy and we are trying to simplify. I was wondering if anyone else has tried to change over to this approach?

I think you are trying to describe a flow chart approach, not a process approach. Process approach does not need to equal flow chart approach.

To implement a process approach quality management system, simply go to element 4.1 and follow it, starting with "determine the processes . . . "

Top Bottom