How can we satisfy TS 16949 Clause 7.1.1 - Quality Plan - Visteon Supplier

K

knight_sirk

hi to all!

Please help! Our company is planning to get TS16949 cert and since it is a requirement of Visteon.
But i would like to know, how can we satisfy TS requirement 7.1.1? which states "quality plan"?
I am developing our "quality plan" of all our Automotive customer w/ TS requirement & specific requirements other than stated in TS.
(kindly see attached file "quality plan")
Please feedback any concern if we are doing it right.
Does the "Quality Plan" alone, already satisfy 7.1.1 requirement?
or Should the CSR be reflected in our procedures/manuals?
in your experience, how did your company satisfy this requirement?

Thank you very much in advance,
IAN

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Quality plan

knight_sirk said:
hi to all!

Please help! Our company is planning to get TS16949 cert and since it is a requirement of Visteon.
But i would like to know, how can we satisfy TS requirement 7.1.1? which states "quality plan"?
I am developing our "quality plan" of all our Automotive customer w/ TS requirement & specific requirements other than stated in TS.
(kindly see attached file "quality plan")
Please feedback any concern if we are doing it right.
Does the "Quality Plan" alone, already satisfy 7.1.1 requirement?
or Should the CSR be reflected in our procedures/manuals?
in your experience, how did your company satisfy this requirement?

Thank you very much in advance,
IAN
In the ISO TS 16949 there are 4 references to " the quality plan ":
7.1 - note 1 / 7.1.2 / 7.5.1.2 / Annex A

If you put those comments together you will have to come up with something different to fulfil the intention of a quality plan.

The intention of a quality plan is best described in note 1 of 7.1 :
NOTE 1 A document specifying the processes of the quality management system (including the product realization processes) and the resources to be applied to a specific product, project or contract, can be referred to as a quality plan.

This means that a combination of all your efforts to make sure that all customer (and your own) requirements will be fulfilled can be seen as a quality plan.

In our quality plan you can find items like:

- A process flowchart (to make sure every necessary step is considered)
- Design & Process FMEA (to check on the risks and to avoid/reduce them)
- Control plan (how we have control in the processes)
- Actions to make our processes robuster (can be SPC, DOE, MSA, ...)
- Actions to make a requirement "guaranteed by design"
- All Poka Yoke efforts
- In some cases 100% final inspection
As you can see this is not at all in one document - but IMO it does not have to.
I did not say we have the best of the best, but this works for us.

Hope this helps for you.

Best regards,
Antoine

Last edited:
K

knight_sirk

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

As you can see in my attachment (previous post) theres a column for "Company Standard/Procedure Reference" in which our main idea is to reflect our standard or procedure that will satisfy/comply both TS16949 & Customer Specific Requirements.

Your inputs are noted, that our quality plan may contain not only one document.

May i ask if you could provide your format of your Quality Plan?
Just to give some idea to simplify our format.

And also, do you do "Process Mapping"?
Could it also be referenced to our Quality Plan?

Thank you very much

H

heretolearn

Quality Plan example

"7.1.1. Planning of product realization - Supplemental."

The Quality Plan we believe is intended to be an overview document, showing the planned sequential activities of the product realization process.

Using the example provided, Visteon's technicial specifications would be an intregal part of our Design & Development process, most :cool: specifically within; Stage 1 Assessment, Stage 2 Development, and Stage 3 Scale Up.

Attachments

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Quality plan

I like your quality plan as a good basis.

I am sure we all appreciate that "heretolearn" is also "heretogive".

Best regards,

Antoine

Last edited:
E

E. Naranjo

I would take the first approach: Take the Quality Plan as an overall document. As a summary of different activities. But don't develop an specific plan for Visteon unless it is required by the SDE. That is the intent of TS16949.

H

heretolearn

Visteon

The use of Visteon's name was meaningless as it could and should have been substituted with "the customer's." The Quality Plan example was provided to show how a product development document could sequentially itemize pre-planned activites and then show notation as these activities (milestones) were completed.

I would never expect a Visteon SDE to see (or inquire about) such a document unless as a supplier we were always submitting late PPAPs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J How can we satisfy TS 16949 clause 4.2.3.1 Engineering Specifications IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
J How many procedures to satisfy TS 16949 and what are they? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
I How to satisfy with AS9100 Clause 8.4.3 a, Information for external providers? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
A How to satisfy the "Interested Party" Management Review Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Does a process map satisfy 21 CFR 820.20(d) (Quality Plan)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Q The ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M ISO 14971, IEC 60601 Satisfy 98/37/EC, 2006/95/EC, 2004/108/EC Directives? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
H Form that will satisfy Design Review and Design Verification Requirements (7.3) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
W MSA on a Hardness Tester to satisfy a Customer who is requiring Hardness Cpk Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 17
R 6.2.2 - Any other ways to satisfy it if No Performance Evaluation carried out? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
I Confirmation of Computer Software to satisfy Intended Application Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
M 8.2.1.1 - Customer Satisfaction - How to satisfy the end requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R IEC 62133 to satisfy 60601-1 3rd edition - What happen to 60086-4 Other Medical Device Related Standards 18
M How to satisfy the Management Review requirement without a meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 29
D SPC Software that will satisfy auto/furniture data submissions - Opinions wanted Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
J CMM MSA - Can you use 1 GRR to satisfy requirement for all Key Features? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
A Sample Documented Procedures that satisfy 4.4.6 Operational Control wanted ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
D Documentation used to satisfy ISO 9001:2008 Clause 7.3 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
I Reply requirements to satisfy 21 CFR 820.198(e) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
N Customer Care - Building relationships to acquire, satisfy and retain customers Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
C Definition ATP Requirements (QAT, FAT, OSAT, FAI) - How to Satisfy FAT and OSAT? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
H How to Satisfy the Auditors with regards to these ISO Clauses? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q Will the Certificate of Accuracy that comes with thread gages satisfy ISO9001? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 18
elkel What is Required of Me to Satisfy the NSF Auditor? TS16949 Internal Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
ScottK Will this satisfy 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
A What would we do to satisfy ISO 17020:1998 Clause 14.2 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Minimum number of procedures to satisfy ISO9001 requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
Q ISO 9001 Clause 7.6 - Computer software to satisfy the intended application Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
S How to confirm the ability of computer software to satisfy the intended application? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Identifying production dies to satisfy the 7.5.4 Customer Property clause ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
K How can we satisfy TS16949 Clause 8.2.2.3 Product Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Marc Customer Satisfaction - Satisfy customers, make money Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 8
A Is ISO enough to satisfy these TQM approval questions? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S 8.2.3.1 Reliability, Maintainability and Availability - How to satisfy requirement? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Statistical Data Analysis - How to satisfy ISO 9001 : 2000, Clause 8 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
N Customer Satisfaction - How to satisfy sub clause 5.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Scott Catron Contract Manufacturing Pre-Qualification? How much 'due diligence' to satisfy the FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
apestate How do I satisfy 4.1 - Identify and determine the sequence and interaction processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
I Stating our goals to satisfy customers - What words can we use? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
T Internet Report Card to Satisfy Customer Satisfaction - Delivery Performance, PPM IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
L Field Returns - 6.3.2 s - Contingency plans to satisfy customer requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
A ISO 9000 Clause 4.2.2 - Interactions Between Processes - How do you satisfy this? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Z What are the SPC Requirements to satisfy clause 4.20? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Document "Correspondence IATF 16949 vs ISO13485" available? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
H Remote product audits in Coivd-19 - IATF 16949 9.2.2.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S IATF 16949 - Partial traceability of Aftermarket products IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
V Generic IATF 16949 Audit Checklist wanted IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3