How Confidential are my FMEAs and Control Plans

Adriane

Involved - Posts
After I send these to my Customer, how confidential are they? Are my Customers allowed to share these with just anyone?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Solinas

Involved In Discussions
Re: How confidential are my FMEAs and CPs

I consider FMEAs company proprietary and confidential. They don't leave the company.

Serious customers may come and review them, during an audit, but will not leave with copies.

Don't forget - anything marginally considered confidential should not be released unless an NDA is established between companies.

Solinas

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
After I send these to my Customer, how confidential are they? Are my Customers allowed to share these with just anyone?
It depends on the level of PPAP you have signed off with your Customer.

I would suggest to make FMEA as well as Control plan available to the review of the Customer on your own premises during a customer audit.
However thy are usually considered intellectual property so they do not leave your own firm. You should share a pareto of major issue with higher RPN, to demonstrate you have been working on the major problems.
Hope this helps:bigwave:

S

simonyeeklang

Hi,
Before handing it to them make an NDA!
Non Disclosure Agreement
Intel Corp have that one. very strong wordings

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Auditor requests confidential information via Email ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
R How to deal with CONFIDENTIAL documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
A Can we do audit in "VERY CONFIDENTIAL DEPARTMENTS"? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
J How to audit a confidential business plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Can Internal Audit Observations be kept confidential from State FDA inspections ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
T Which controlled documents should be labeled "Confidential and Proprietary" Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
C Controlling QMS - We are expanding globally and want to keep our QMS Confidential Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
K Can auditors freely conduct confidential interviews, or consent is necessary? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
S Control of Confidential Data Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 7
M Audit results - confidential or not? General Auditing Discussions 1
Marc B-school Confidential - MBAs May Be Obsolete Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
C Request for Confidential Business Relationship FAX Scam Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
J Training Records - Confidential? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 25
J Is the NCR (Nonconformance Report) Confidential? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 27
J FMEA as a Confidential Document - PPAP Level 3 - Can the FMEA be hidden? FMEA and Control Plans 32
I Confidentiality Audit - Confidential Infomation and related Documents Audit General Auditing Discussions 9
B Confusion on the new FMEA guidebook - Are we supposed to replace our FMEAs? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
A Risk-benefit Analysis - Hazard Analysis (HA) and FMEAs ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 17
T Document Control of FMEAs and Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 5
J Efficiently Produce Control Plans and FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 1
V The best practice to maintain & link Design and Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 8
L Do ISO 13485 Certified Organizations need to have Control Plans and FMEAs? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
V Examples for failure modes of Design & Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 5
B Risk Management and FMEAs - IEC 60812, SRC-HDBK-1120 and SEQ-J1739 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
N ISO Certifications and FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 11
D Customer Complaints and Visual Inspections - Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 2
Q FMEA Scaling - Both D and P FMEAs' in Electronics Manufacturing FMEA and Control Plans 2
Jen Kirley Do you use software and/or database for FMEAs rather than Excel? FMEA and Control Plans 32
A FMEAs using P-diagrams (Parameter Diagrams) FMEA and Control Plans 11
P Fourslide FMEA - Part Specific vs. Family Specific FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 12
R C&E (Cause and Effects) Diagram for FMEAs for any SC,CC, Hi Impact Cs? FMEA and Control Plans 4
B Linking: Process Flow - 'Common' Process FMEAs - Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 11
A Commerical off the shelf items (COTS) in DFMEA's (Design FMEAs) FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Linking Process Flow Charts, FMEAS and Control Plans for TS 16949 FMEA and Control Plans 4
A PFMEA for many products - How to reduce the number of FMEAs? FMEA and Control Plans 13
G Detection Rating in Design FMEAs (DFMEA) FMEA and Control Plans 2
C Process Design FMEAs: What are the best practices? Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
H Six Sigma Tools - Alturnate Tools such as FMEAs & Control Charts Six Sigma 9
P Shipping by our own truck as part of an FMEA - Where FMEAs should end FMEA and Control Plans 6
S Recommended Actions in FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 2
Marc T&E Supplier Process FMEAs QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
L T&E Supplier Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 2
S FMEAs, APQPs and Control Plans everytime? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Beginners help with ISO3951-2 Combined control s-method n>5 what is Phi ?? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
B Control chart and sample time Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
J Control chart for huge sample size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
K Contamination Control - Class Is medical devices (Clause 6.4.2 ISO 13485:2016 (E)) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11