How do I conduct Management Review Meetings?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
I have no problem with the data for the meeting. The attendees have the agenda and data well ahead of time. I'm good to go there. It's the meeting itself that I am running to trouble with and dislike. I'd rather not have a meeting anymore. So I am interested in hearing other successful alternate methods in lieu of meetings.

I'm wondering how well you folks get others to do action items or provide feedback based on the reported data if you do not have a meeting. It never fails, I always have someone who says: "Oh, was I supposed to do something with that?" or "You said not to respond to any of this." It's those people that I want to throttle. :mg:

Crusader,

I avoided recommending a meeting although meetings do have their uses such as quickly developing ideas into possible solutions.

You may be able to obtain commitments from top managers and other leaders by not having their peers witness those commitments at a meeting.

Your PAR and CAR forms/databases have the means to remorselessly track those commitments to take any needed actions through to completion.

I would not use minutes for this.

Have top management promised employees reports on the State of Your Management System?

John

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Have top management promised employees reports on the State of Your Management System?

No Top management has not "promised reports". Our system is sooooo new and I mean brand-spanking new. We are developing the system as we go so pour on the recommendations. :D

Last edited:

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
No they have not "promised" anything yet. Our system is sooooo new and I mean brand-spanking new. We are developing the system as we go so pour on the recommendations. :D

Crusader,

Your top managers could make this promise when explaining to the employees how their management helps them to determine and fulfill requirements to deliver a better life for all concerned.

You could run a workshop so the leaders can agree upon their awareness message and communicate well enough to engage the employees in understanding, using, improving and appreciating their management system.

It also stops them from seeing it as Crusader's Management System.

John

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
I think we're miscommunicating. :confused:

I'm just curious what others do to fulfill conducting a Management Review..if you don't do it thru a periodic meeting....going back to the OP's question.

I'm not trying to steal the thread for my benefit only. :)

K

kgott

I am having a lot of trouble trying to capture our management review. We are a small company and do not have many meetings. We handle things on a day to day basis. We communicate by emails, directly etc. I have tried having meetings which do not work for us. Our Sr. Executive Director is very hands on and there is not much we need a meeting to go over that hasn't been already. I have struggled with this for 2 years now. I try to print out the emails, charts, audit reports etc. and try to chart when they were discussed etc. What I am doing is so time consuming. I need a better way. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help..

I work in a business that works the opposite way round. This is a business of a little over 100 people and there meetings going on virtually all the time.

Yesterday I was provided with a valuable lesson in how to get things done. We have what was to me an intractable problem with a cluttered over stacked small store room /workshop.

A lady who works here organised a stand up meeting in the work shop with all the right (5) people. She asked some people to put different coloured post it notes stickers on everything that could go off to offsite storage facility. It was all finished in about 45 minutes.

I had given up on this probelm because I could not get anything done about the problem. For me this has been a lesson learned.

Perhaps you might like to try a stand up meeting with the agenda written on a whiteboard etc and then write on the board who has agreed to do what in terms of solutions.

Top Bottom