How do I make the Environmental Policy for ISO 14001 public ?

J

joe098

Friends,

After reviewing requirments for reaching 14001 certifcation I have notice my company has not made our enviromental policy public. Cove members could to inform me how you made your policy public knowledge?

Randy

Super Moderator
You can do anything you want up to and including nailing it on a tree in Town Square, placing it on Craigslist, Facebook or Twitter.

Just make sure the "general public" can freely access it or gain access to it, the easiest is on a web page in bold letters "ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY" (I hate playing hunt-and-find for those things.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Generally speaking, most companies require some form of review with the company's legal counsel or some equivalent review prior to releasing information to the public.

I work in a US government contracting environment, and there are definite rules and provisions prior to releasing info to the public.

Randy

Super Moderator
All well and good, but an EMS Policy and its public disclosure is not debatable...No unfettered public availability, no recommendation for registration...

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Circumstances vary - but if I was the one on the hook if I inadvertently released proprietary information - I'd want the lawyers to back me up.

L

Liger

Simply have the EMS policy posted somewhere on your company/corporate website. Like Randy said, there is nothing proprietary in the policy.

LRE67

Involved In Discussions
Along with posting it on our website, we placed it in a nice frame and hung it in the front lobby. Anyone coming in off the street has access to it.

Top Bottom