How do I make the Environmental Policy for ISO 14001 public ?

J

joe098

Friends,

After reviewing requirments for reaching 14001 certifcation I have notice my company has not made our enviromental policy public. Cove members could to inform me how you made your policy public knowledge?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
You can do anything you want up to and including nailing it on a tree in Town Square, placing it on Craigslist, Facebook or Twitter.

Just make sure the "general public" can freely access it or gain access to it, the easiest is on a web page in bold letters "ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY" (I hate playing hunt-and-find for those things.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Generally speaking, most companies require some form of review with the company's legal counsel or some equivalent review prior to releasing information to the public.

I work in a US government contracting environment, and there are definite rules and provisions prior to releasing info to the public.

Randy

Super Moderator
All well and good, but an EMS Policy and its public disclosure is not debatable...No unfettered public availability, no recommendation for registration...

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Circumstances vary - but if I was the one on the hook if I inadvertently released proprietary information - I'd want the lawyers to back me up.

L

Liger

Simply have the EMS policy posted somewhere on your company/corporate website. Like Randy said, there is nothing proprietary in the policy.

LRE67

Involved In Discussions
Along with posting it on our website, we placed it in a nice frame and hung it in the front lobby. Anyone coming in off the street has access to it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Environmental Policy Content - ISO 14001 Clause 5.2 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
D ISO 14001 Environmental Policy Content ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 31
B Commitment to Comply - ISO 14001 Clause 4.2 - Environmental Policy ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
hogheavenfarm Environmental Policy Publicly Available - ISO 14001 Clause 4.2f REACH and RoHS Conversations 5
E Auditing the Environmental Policy - ISO 14001 Clause 4.2 a ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 14
E Auditing the ISO 14001 Environmental Policy Content ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
B ISO 14001 Environmental Policy - Personal Liability - Making Managers Sign Policy ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
R ISO 14001 Environmental Policy - Seeking Examples ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 9
D Integrated ISO 9001 Quality Policy and ISO 14001 Environmental Policy ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 12
Marc ISO 14001 Environmental Policy Examples ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
Randy ISO 14001 Clause 4.2 - Developing an Environmental Policy Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
T Advice needed - Environmental MS - unwritten but customer requests policy document ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
sridharafep Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety (EHS) Policy Suggestions Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 13
C Integrating Multiple Company Policies such Quality and an Environmental Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
P Public Access to Environmental Policy - Means and Methods Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 10
M Quality Assurance Program and Environmental Policy Templates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Using a Parent Corporation's Environmental Policy Statement Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 15
L Kindly Review our new Environmental Policy Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
Q Communication of environmental policy "for persons working on its behalf" (4.4.2) Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 15
C Seeking examples of Environmental Policy for ISO14001 Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
N What should be the content in the Environmental Policy? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 12
S Do we have to MEMORIZE the Environmental Policy? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 13
A How to address Environmental & OHS Opportunities? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
dhuot1990 Issues with REES Environmental Monitoring System Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K How to verify the Storage and Transport environmental condition for Medical Device Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
D Templates for Environmental, Safety and quality Management System wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M What is Environmental intelligence specific to IVDs or Medical devices? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
A Environmental Management System Lead Auditor Competence ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
W Organizational Responsibility for Environmental Compliance of Products REACH and RoHS Conversations 4
M PDCA cycle - Process mapping - Environmental ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
V Environmental aspects in a bank ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
C Legal or Regulatory Requirements as identified in our Environmental Aspects ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 9
R India - EMS 14001:2015 Environmental product declarations ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
S Question about environmental control - Pest control management procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
C Validation of Applications in a Cloud, CFR 21 part 11 (Environmental Monitoring) Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
A Difference between Environmental Impact and Risk ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
R Excel Dashboard for Health Safety and Environmental KPI's for Multiple Sites Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
L Environmental Gas Leak Detection Equipment Recomendations Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 2
G Sample size for IEC 60601-1-11 environmental tests IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
R ISO 14001 Environmental targets - Office only ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 9
T Guidance - Setting up an integrated quality & environmental management system Career and Occupation Discussions 12
V Looking for a consolidated Manual for QMS, FSMS and Environmental system Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
V Looking for a Supplier Evaluation template for Environmental Performance Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
R Mobile Auto Valeting Services - Waste Disposal (Environmental Perspective) Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
G Supplier Significant Environmental Aspects - Audit Finding ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 21
U HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) Documents and Documentation Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
B Environmental Monitoring for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing of Bulk Drug Substances Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
S MIL-HDBK-217 - Understanding the various Environmental Conditions Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
somashekar Industry examples of Significant Beneficial Environmental Impacts Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
G ISO 14001 & Product Design Process Environmental Aspect Review Requirements ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7