How do I Reduce Frequency of Receiving Inspection Testing for Quality Control

T

truongson0528

I check quality of product of supplier by testing 100% of bath (oil tank) for one specification of quality, in this case is acid value. After I have about 30 test result that show that all bath are OK.

Now, I want to reduce reduce frequency of testing because the reason of testing cost. However, I don't how i reduce frequency of testing, ex: 10%, 20% or other?

I have the same issue for all material I buy from supplier.

Please help me!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Ryan11

Is your supplier certifying the acid content of the oil and supplying test results with the shipment being received?

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
I check quality of product of supplier by testing 100% of bath (oil tank) for one specification of quality, in this case is acid value. After I have about 30 test result that show that all bath are OK.

Now, I want to reduce reduce frequency of testing because the reason of testing cost. However, I don't how i reduce frequency of testing, ex: 10%, 20% or other?

I have the same issue for all material I buy from supplier.

Please help me!
As Ryan asked, you could require for a Certificate of Conformity of Certificate of Analysis to your suppliers.
Besides, you can start from the analisys of historical data. In the last two, three years what are the materials that give you the major number of issues, in order to have a sort of baseline

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
It is all about risk! If the last 100 batches all passed, what is the likelihood that the next batch will pass? Pretty high unless the process changed. Look into skip-lot testing as a methodology for reducing your sampling.

T

trainerbob

I agree with the previous posters. The history of your testing should give you an indication of the quality. I would start scaling back a bit at a time. If you are really concerned check every 2nd shipment. And as was mentioned also, If you are getting certificates from your vendor and you feel they are accurate, reduce your frequency based on that along with your history. As your results continue to be good, scale back some more, as long as you are comfortable that the results reflect the reality of the material. Your goal is an honest vendor and an honest certificate or check.

T

truongson0528

In my case, on shipment contains 3-5 tank of oil, but there is only one of Certificate of Analysis (COA) for all tank. So, We must recheck all tank before using.
I will consider the skip lot sample.

With other raw materials we buy form farmers who have not COA for example: dry vegetable (must check moisture content)... I don't know whether i could use skip lot method or not. Normally, I must check 100%. Please advise me in this case.

Thank you so much for all your kind help. I come from Vietnam.
I didn't think you give me a feedback very soon. Your answers make my life more easier.
I recognized that The Elsmar Forum have a lot of interesting to me for Quality Control.
Again, thank Ryan, Steven, Harry, Trainerbob, Qusys
Best regards.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
With other raw materials we buy form farmers who have not COA for example: dry vegetable (must check moisture content)... I don't know whether i could use skip lot method or not. Normally, I must check 100%. Please advise me in this case.
Happy to note that you are happy with Elsmar Cove. Now that you are registered, please keep coming often and ask as much. I am sure we will also have things to learn from your experience.
You have been checking 100% for the moisture content. What has been your finding so far.
How do the farmers ensure that it is dry per your requirement. Do they have some big drying chambers or they depend upon natural drying by exposure to sun. In the second case how do they manage in monsoon season ?
Some of these inputs can be assessed to take a risk based seasonal decision or a practical decision based on farmer's resources.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
In my case, on shipment contains 3-5 tank of oil, but there is only one of Certificate of Analysis (COA) for all tank. So, We must recheck all tank before using..............................
Usually, oil is blended in bulk and in huge volumes. Check if the 3-5 tanks are from the same batch and if the 'COA' is also for the same batch. If so, there is no reason to check all the other tanks.

T

truongson0528

Dear all,
Someone can help me, I am a newbie about Quality assurance and Statistical.

We have checked 300lots (100% inspection) of oil for Trans fatty acid content (one lot of oil is a tank oil, anh we have taken one sample per lot). We have no certification of produce about Trans fatty acid content but all of 300 lots were passed (zero defect).

Now we want to apply skip lot sampling plan as ISO 2859-3:2005. Howerver, as this standard, we reduce only 5 times (one sample per 5 lot, f=1/5). We want reduce more frequency of testing. How we could reduce more frequency of testing (for example: f=1/10; f=1/20...).

Do you have SkSP-1 table about (f, i, AOQ, AOQL, AQL...)

Thank you for your quick reply.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C How to Reduce Inspection Frequency in Metal Stamping Company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
PQ Systems 5 Ways to Reduce Stress on Your Next Audit Using GAGEpack Software 0
C Can I reduce P1 to zero? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 15
L Reduce risks as far as possible - Quartz Crystal ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
S Advice on how to reduce overhead of handling non-conforming material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
M Reduce occurrence rating based on the PMS data and customer complaint data ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
C Stress / Challenge Conditions for Design Verification Testing to Reduce Sample Size 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
A How to reduce the process SPC monitoring Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
adir88 Information of safety can reduce risk now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce FMEA Occurrence and Detection Ranking after corrective action taken for customer complaints? FMEA and Control Plans 6
W Duplicated Gauges want to reduce calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Methods to reduce relative humidity in Datacenter IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
O How do reduce the risk of suppliers having similar problems? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
R Employee diet to reduce absenteeism and increase productivity Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 24
B Proactive efforts to reduce risk - PFMEA risk reduction activities IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N How to reduce RPN of Visual Inspection Process FMEA and Control Plans 6
2 High-tech medical equipment to reduce medication errors Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 5
M Is That Plating Wave Washer will reduce its stiffness? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
C Design of Experiments to Reduce Variation in a Lathe Operation Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 9
D How to reduce the number of Quality Inspectors Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
S Using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 to Reduce Impact of Field Service Campaign AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
P How to reduce or shut off Compressed Air for Painting Robots Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
P How to Reduce or Eliminate Inspection on an Assembly Line Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
Sidney Vianna ISO 14006 - New Standard to Reduce Environmental Impacts of Products and Services Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
D How to Reduce Sampling and get the same MTTF (Mean Time to Faliure) Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Reduce 50 Work Instructions into 12 Key Processes Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8
A Can we reduce documents checking percentage on supplier certificates? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A PFMEA (Process FMEA) Detection Rating - Actions to Reduce RPN FMEA and Control Plans 3
S What to do if no further control possible to reduce the OHS risk? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 16
S How to Reduce the Cost of Broken Measurement Equipment Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
M Plastic Mold Approval - What are the ways to reduce mold approval cycle? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
A How to Reduce Printed Paper Waste Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 47
P Does Six Sigma Project have to Reduce Variability? What about a mean shift to target? Six Sigma 6
M Does Disciplinary Action Reduce Operator Errors? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 80
A Control Chart to Track Effectiveness of Actions to Reduce Scrap Rate Six Sigma 7
P Attempting to reduce sample size - The "best" statistical technique to use Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
Sidney Vianna ISO Guide 64 will help reduce environmental impacts of products Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
B On Time Delivery Question - Project to reduce late shipments Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
T Using SPC Control Charts to Reduce AQL Sample Size AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 16
R CMM Machine upgrade - Ways to reduce CMM inspection cycle time Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
D Project to Reduce Destructive Sampling in Crimping Process Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
J Customer wants to Reduce GD&T Tolerances on Sheet Metal Subassemblies Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
Y Can I reduce the Sample Size? Sampling check of more than 1,000 pieces daily Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 25
Douglas E. Purdy Classification of Suppliers & Control Plans to Reduce Receiving Inspection FMEA and Control Plans 6
R Tool Kits to Reduce Direct Time on Milling Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
D When do you reduce SPC sampling? And How? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
J Cost Down! - Reduce Manpower Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
R 100% Visual Inspection - Would you Remove or Reduce the Visual Inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
S TPM increasing employee overtime costs - How to reduce costs? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 6