How do I start my APQP and PPAP Procedure?

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone, :bigwave:

How do I start my APQP/PPAP Procedure? Can I paraphrased the QS9000 standard and start from there? Is there any sample procedure that I can benchmark or look at it?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Raffy

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Raffy,
First, APQP and PPAP are two different processes. You will need the AIAG manual for each.
The APQP manual provides a step by step approach to advanced quality planning and covers the areas to prepare you for PPAP. If you are TS2 or working towards TS2 I would suggest using the the requirements in "product realization" for your planning. It is similar to APQP but has added features.
The PPAP manual lists various requirements for PPAP submittal based on level. Your customer will provide you with the submission level. Regardless of the level your customer requires you are required to maintain a level 3 on site. The PPAP manual can be used as your procedure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M APQP and PPAP for Beginners - Where do I start? APQP and PPAP 48
A When do you start the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) Process? APQP and PPAP 10
J APQP and Quoting - When does APQP start? Are Feasibility Studies Required? APQP and PPAP 2
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
mike10 QMS Update - Rev. up or start over? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
N China - Start manufacturing before change approval? China Medical Device Regulations 1
S How to start with ISO process in project based team - Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A Implementing ISO 20000-1 - Where to start Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
T CE mark start date for a device EU Medical Device Regulations 7
qualprod Statistics - Where to start in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
G Start and main steps of API Q1 Certification Process Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
H Transferring an ISO 13485 certificate to a new CB - Do I have to start from scratch? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Start-Up Company looking for ISO 13485 Certification Body and Medical Device CE Mark Notified Body Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
Marc Basic - How to Start a New Discussion Thread Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
TheMightyWife Can not start Personal Conversations Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 18
E Is it possible to start an ISO 9001 QMS from scratch (Really) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M AS9100 - Where to start - Small company (10 employees) and I am the Quality Dept. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 45
M How do you start a calibration/anything company? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
E ISO 9001 certification of the new plant before start of production ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
B Gap analysis of new start-up company technical documentation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
qualprod How to start with Lean? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
R QMS and ISO - Where to start? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S ISO 17025 - Help in Getting accreditation- Where to start from ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
H Need to Start an R&D Laboratory, what to do? Design and Development of Products and Processes 6
O Start Up Approval Dimension Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
V Product Development - When to start calculating Process Capability Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
Moncia Design FMEA - Where to Start FMEA and Control Plans 20
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
M How to Start SPC from the ground up! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
A Start Up of a small AS9100 Machine Shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
P CA,PA, Continual Improvement - How to start in a Service Company Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
P Where to start to helping other companies to get ISO IEC 27000? Consultants and Consulting 1
A How best to start revising an existing ISO 9001:2008 system in a company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S How to Start SPC in a Shaft Grinding Section Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M Start New Machine Shop OR BUY Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 9
K Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning - Where to start? Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 19
Hershal ILAC is preparing to start the possible revision to ISO/IEC 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
S How do I start "Risk Management" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
L Where to Start to Completely overhaul a QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
D Which ASQ Certification should I start with? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
A Start Compliance to RoHS, SCHV and REACH RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 10
M Where to start Maintenance Function Kaizen Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
J ISO 13485 and ISO9001 Quality Management Implementation Start ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A ISO 9001 to ISO 17025 where to start ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
J Major Nonconformance on Stage 2 Audit causes to start over Stage 1? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M General Guidelines on how to start a Quality Campaign Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
P Alternative Procedures to DOA: How to start? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 3