How do Kaizen and 5S (Five S) fit in a quality system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KHAN786

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW THE JAPANESE 5-S PRACTICES FIT INTO THE QS9000 QUALITY SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS.
ALL REPLIES WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
5-S is part of the Japanese TQM movement, a tool mixed into the philoshopy (Hoshin) just like Kaizen. As far as how this mixes into QS9000, well, I would say that it is organizational culture that blends the two, provided that senior management shares in the philosophy of TQM. In my opinion, most organizations that go down the road of QS9000 are not interested in TQM. They are interested in doing business with the Big 3, who make QS9000 a requirement.

Regards,

Kevin

P

pdboilermaker

Could be used to fulfill the 4.9 requirement for a clean and suitable working environment or as a means for continuous improvement

Q

Qualiman

Kaizen and 5 S

Hi Marc:
I am happy to say hello to you and the rest of the folks.Has been great to discover (could be by mistake)recently your site and having the opportunity to learn a lot and try to give some help (sometimes not expressing myself properly in English, due I am Mexican). Thanks Marc for giving us your experience in this "free"($$) way.And of course also to all the colleagues that have spent a lot of their time to give us help.
At the end, by participating in this kind of Forums all of us will be better prepared to build a better world (I am quite Don Quijote)

On the other hand I have only one question:

Have you planned to include into the Forums topics like Kaizen, 5 S's, Hoshin and other improvement tools ?

Take care

Qualiman

Note: This is a reply of submitted March 17, topic on Sugestions. It has been posted here because of its relationship with Continuous Improvement an due to lack of response in the other Forum. Thank you.

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Staff member
Admin
Qualiman,

I saw your post of the 17th, but was waiting for a response from Marc. Either way, any topic you want to discuss, you could fit it into a couple related forums, which would effectively attract a few of us.

So now that you have been discovered, what would you like to discuss first?

Regards,

Kevin

A

Andy Bassett

Hello Marc
What do you think about this;

Create a section for the new ISO 9000:2000 Standard.
For each individual section ie 8.5, 8.5.1 create a thread and let people ask their questions in each section.
You should end up with something like a very useful reference book with information/clarification for each section of the standard.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Lean Kaizen: continuous, step-by-step improvement in the Lean direction Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
I New to LEAN but not to Quality - How to run Kaizen events Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
C Kaizen Events - Factors Affecting Failure Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
T The difference between SOP and Kaizen Standardization Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
V 21 CFR 820 Compliant way to use Kaizen to address Nonconformances Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
B Kaizen Event - Which tools to use? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
A Kaizen implementation in telcos Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
M Where to start Maintenance Function Kaizen Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
T Kaizen vs. Six Sigma Certification Six Sigma 6
Q I was assigned as Kaizen Leader for our MRB Area - Your advice appreciated Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
T Implementing a Kaizen Team - Where Should I begin? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
W Kaizen in the Engineering Dept - Have you done it? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
A Definition Continual Improvement vs. Kaizen - Differences Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
A Difference between formal and informal Kaizen Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
D EBIT Cost Savings after Kaizen Event Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
D KAIZEN Event "tools to use" Brain Jogger - Your thoughts please Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 12
A Kaizen Team Charter worksheet needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
P How do you know 3G (Gemba, Gembutsu, Genjitsu) in workshop kaizen? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
S Kaizen event for the final QA inspection process - Kaizen help Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 7
P Kaizen your life with the Ten Lessons for Good Health World News 15
M Implementing Kaizen in a Construction Company Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
M Is there a Kaizen Certification? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
M KAIZEN .doc File Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
P Ideas for Kaizen Event Posters in my Company needed Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 4
D Kaizen Plan - What do you think about my Kaizen Plan? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 21
W Kaizen or Rework Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
W T-Shirt Kaizen? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
P Kaizen Blitz - Who can tell me how to do Kaizen Blitz? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
D Is a Kaizen Event really Kaizen? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 15
C Kaizen practitioners in Los Angeles? Come into my plant and execute Kaizen events Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
A Supermaket container label sample? Implementing Kaizen for one product line Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
C Kaikaku / Kaizen - Which aspects of lean fit in kaikaku and which in kaizen? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
Marc Definition Quality Circles (aka Kaizen Team) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
H What is the Difference between Kaizen and Six Sigma? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
S The theories and practices of Deming, Juran, Kaizen and several others Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
B The Idea Generator - Quick and Easy Kaizen Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
A Prioritized Reduction Plan & Kaizen IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
T Kaizen Storage using the 5S Principles of this Concept Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
Marc Kaizan - Kaizen - Looking for information on setting up a Kaizan system Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
H CQA Exam - Do I really have to go five hours without a drink? Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
R CFDA updated five regulations to be effective from October 1, 2014 China Medical Device Regulations 16
J Is a ndc less than five is also acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
P Does the term ISO 9001:2008 imply we are all five years out of date? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Ticketing System to Manage Five Service Lines for proposed QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H What are the five levels of PPAP? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
Sidney Vianna From Human Resources to Outsourcing ? ISO expands work in five areas Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
U Five S Implementation at Home Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
Stijloor Five-figure Bonuses Stun Employees World News 13
U Five Minute management Course Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R Why five post before you can send messages? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12