Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

How do you find your Internal Auditors?

How does people become internal auditors in your company?

• It comes with the job they were hired for

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • By hand picking suitable victims... Sorry, I mean candidates

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • They ask you if they can become auditors.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • ...other?

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I'm a consultant (or other) but want to see the poll results

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
K

KWalls - 2008

I have the daunting task of being one of 2 auditors for our small company. It comes with the territory... I was hired specifically for creating the system from scratch. :mg: I have embraced the challenge so far. Haven't yet audited our system. That will be coming in the VERY near future as our registration audit is scheduled for January. (I took this project on this past December.) :cfingers:

E

egarry

I think the nomination process is the most common I have found. I have taught dozens of classes in internal auditing and find that only about 25% (estimate) of the attendees have the right stuff to be good auditors.

I think the nomination process is the most common I have found. I have taught dozens of classes in internal auditing and find that only about 25% (estimate) of the attendees have the right stuff to be good auditors.
Yeah. If they have been "volun-told" to be auditors, even that figure could be to high. Then, on the other hand, if they have been selected because they seem to be the right people for the task... it's another story.

/Claes

A

amanbhai

They don't have any choice, we pick them.
& honestly, our staff like to be internal auditor instead of internal auditee.;)

20110108 Request

I hope that, for some of you, your internal auditors aren't Covers!

Having worked with many clients, I have found that the best way is for Top Management to pick candidates who have the potential for advancement in the organization. The skills needed for effective auditing are the same as those needed for a supervisory or management position. By observing an auditor, Top management can judge if the person's potential is matched by the skills demonstrated.

Another practice that is growing rapidly is the outsourcing of Internal Audits. We have over 25 organizations who have contracted for this.

6thsense

Involved In Discussions
Our organization runs internal auditing training sessions using a registered consultant. those that pass become internal auditors. the pool of victims is multi-functional so we always have someone to audit impartially

J

jem63

Beyond the audit team management the internal audit program in my organization is voluntary for our internal auditors. To assist us with staffing needs our senior managment team has committed to identifying candidates from each of their departments. From those candidates we choose our audit team. when joining the team each auditor is asked to commit to a three year cycle.

N

n866fandp

I was volunteered, however I would have anyway. I think its an invaluable resource. Its the type of tool that can help any supervisor, manager, or quality associate. From what I hear most organizations have lots of trouble freeing the auditors up to be effective.:argue:

Top Bottom