Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

How do you find your Internal Auditors?

How does people become internal auditors in your company?

• It comes with the job they were hired for

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • By hand picking suitable victims... Sorry, I mean candidates

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • They ask you if they can become auditors.

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • ...other?

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • I'm a consultant (or other) but want to see the poll results

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

Mikey324

Involved In Discussions
In the past, we had many sign up for the job. We would then book outside training, send them out of town for a few days, then they would come back ready to audit. Well, not ready to audit. Actually, not wanting to audit at all in many cases. The results were rushed and added no value.
We had plenty of manpower, but lacked seriously on results. Currently, i have the chance to pick good candidates. I have fewer auditors, but the quality of the audits have greatly improved.
What we demonstrated about the old method is that just because someone says they want to do it, doesn't make them a good fit. You need to look for people that have the right attributes for the job, then give them the support they need to be successful.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Earn and maintain an excellent reputation for the objectivity, impartiality and value of the audit process and its auditors,

Ask your fellow managers to select candidates to volunteer for auditor training per the attributes recommended by ISO 19011.

Ask HR to give you a heads up on any new employees with these attributes.

Make sure you have a cross-section of volunteers from all departments.

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Actually, some organizations don't want to volunteer as an internal auditor because of additional function they will have to do probably every month or every quarter.

But in our end, thought we had a busy schedule, we make sure that the internal audit will be conducted every quarter (full audit).

Top Bottom