How do you motivate yourself? Share your motivational quotes.

D

daraghofla

actually, there's 4 types of people. those who make excuses, those who don't, those who can count and those who don't count, namely the circus folk with their weird travelling shows and large bushy underarms

A

arios

actually, there's 4 types of people. those who make excuses, those who don't, those who can count and those who don't count, namely the circus folk with their weird travelling shows and large bushy underarms

Using that logic I think there are over 7 000 million different type of people. Each invidual is unique and was made different with diverse capacities and limitations :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

daraghofla

you are right, everyone is an individual with their own special talents. With the exception of course of the circus folk who are scary because they are different.

G

Groo3

Using that logic I think there are over 7 000 million different type of people. Each invidual is unique and was made different with diverse capacities and limitations :cool:

You're unique, just like everybody else... :lol:

I mostly like inspirational quotes & humerous quotes; the problem is that there are so many to pick from. Here are a few pages of quotes I have collected from many different sources, some from the web and some from electronic newsletters I subscribe to... motivational, humorous and otherwise. Enjoy the file attachment. Here are some links to online quote pages:
http://thinkexist.com/quotes/
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/

Attachments

• Humorous Quotes.doc
    88 KB · Views: 278
R

Ropofadzo

Genuis!:applause:

Easy:

What can I gain from working with quality improvement?
  • Quality products will make the customers happy
  • Happy customers will make the company profitable
  • Profits will make the companys owners happy
  • Happy owners will allow the company to live on
  • A company that lives on will be able to keep paying my salary
  • My salary makes me happy. It is what I am here for, after all.

...simple isn't it?

Quality is happiness, and lack of quality will make nobody happy....
/Claes

U

Umang Vidyarthi

After working so long in manufacturing, we need to motivate ourself time to time.
Motivational quotes help. The one inspries me most is from OSHO;
"Life in itself has no meaning. Life is an opportunity to create meaning. Meaning has not to be discovered; it has to be created. You will find meaning only if you create it. It is not lying there somewhere behind the bushes, so you can go and you search a little bit and find it. It is not there like a rock that you will find. It is a poetry to be composed, it is a song to be sung, it is a dance to be danced. "

Hello mehmetke,

It is a wonderful thread you have started on one of my favourite subject. I sms one motivational quote every day to about 50 odd recipients. Here is one in lighter vein: (but has serious connotations)

"Motivation alone is not enough.....you motivate an idiot, and now you have a motivated idiot!?!"

Here are a few of my favourites:

1. You can not tailor-make situations in life, but you can tailor-make the attitudes to fit those situations.

2. More I learn, the more I understand, how little I know.

3. Jump with your heart over any obstacle and your body will follow.

4. The bad news is TIME flies, the good news is you are the PILOT.

5. Go for the moon. If you don't get it, you still will be heading for a star.

6. Don't believe your doubts, doubt your beliefs.

7. If you can't get through the mountain, go around it. If you can't go around it, go over it. If you can't go over it, start digging a tunnel.

8. Think POSITIVE!! Way too many people are already focussed on the negative.

9. Ambition is either a servant or a master. The trick is to know which it is in your life.

10. When you are finished changing, you are finished.

Umang :D

C

Citizen Kane

The one that fits me is:

"One need not hope in order to undertake; nor succeed in order to persevere" - William of Orange

G

Groo3

7. If you can't get through the mountain, go around it. If you can't go around it, go over it. If you can't go over it, start digging a tunnel.

10. When you are finished changing, you are finished.

Umang :D

:agree1: I liked # 7 & 10...

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tsu

Get on with it... - Monty Python

S

samsung

:agree1: I liked # 7 & 10...
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Lao Tsu
Get on with it... - Monty Python

I do second your liking and in addition, the one I kept for my email signature is:

"Motivation alone is not enough.....you motivate an idiot, and now you have a motivated idiot!?!"
:biglaugh::lol:

Top Bottom