• Poor - Well below average in most areas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful -- One of the worst that I've ever seen in most areas

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
We hear lots of talk in our daily lives, and we see lots of posts, from people bemoaning various aspects of their company and how it is run. Much less frequently do I see/hear people bragging up their company and how it is run. Yet there are no doubt some companies out there that are indeed run well and are worth bragging about.

If you consider all aspects of your company and how it is run, including (but not necessarily limited to) things like how the employees are paid, treated and valued, product quality, efficiency, safety, job security, opportunity for advancement, etc. how would you rate your company overall, and why?

I decided to make this a subjective poll, but please feel free to elaborate on your vote in posts.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
By the way -- this poll is anonymous -- no one can see how you voted. Unless of course you say it in text in a post!

M

mshell

The company that I work for is very family oriented. In addition, the company sponsors about 4 or 5 events a year.

Every quarter, an employee is selected and receives an award for outstanding performance.

As for how the company functions, everyone is happy to work here and everyone does what they get paid to do. I am not saying that things are perfect or that feathers are never ruffled but overall we do an outstanding job and perform well as a team.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
You know, it is kind of funny how the rest of the world perceives a company vs. how the quality schmoe perceives it. The perceptions are are usually poles apart because we have been trained to identify shortcomings and often lose sight of the positives. I know that in the divisions that I have worked at we have often gotten "world class" comments on various aspects of our business, and I am usually very pleased by that commendation but often think to myself "if you only knew how much blood sweat and tears went into getting us that far and we have so much more to do." Of course, I have a low self esteem and find it hard to believe that compliments could really be valid when directed my way. :eek: :lmao:

Mike S. said:
By the way -- this poll is anonymous -- no one can see how you voted. Unless of course you say it in text in a post!
That sounds like a good move. I very much doubt that you'd get many straight answers if it was not :rolleyes:. Even the best of companies tend to be a bit sensitive about their staff publicly rating them as anything but excellent.

SteelMaiden said:
You know, it is kind of funny how the rest of the world perceives a company vs. how the quality schmoe perceives it. The perceptions are are usually poles apart because we have been trained to identify shortcomings and often lose sight of the positives.
Bullseye... We discussed the very same thing over here the other day. That is a very common occupational disorder...

SteelMaiden said:
Of course, I have a low self esteem and find it hard to believe that compliments could really be valid when directed my way.
Pffffffttttttt.....:lol: Nice try.

/Claes

S

Sam

We have the best of all worlds; best employees, best managers, best products.

D

DDaenen1

Im not going to rate on this. Its just way too subjective. It depends of the your position in the company, how happy you feel with your current job, how involved you are in the different processes...etc...etc...

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I am tempted, oh so tempted, to say World Class, but can not do so as long as Executives keep saying "We're taking these steps to be a world class organization."

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
DDaenen1 said:
Im not going to rate on this. Its just way too subjective. It depends of the your position in the company, how happy you feel with your current job, how involved you are in the different processes...etc...etc...

Obviously different folks in the company would likely vote differently. I think everyone understands that. But I asked how YOU would rate the company.

From what I've seen so far two things stick out in my mind: 1. 35% of the voters are in above-average companies in their view. Good for them!!! 2. So few people seem to have an opinion which they are willing to give. Interesting.

The Taz!

Quite Involved in Discussions
Mike S. said:
We hear lots of talk in our daily lives, and we see lots of posts, from people bemoaning various aspects of their company and how it is run. Much less frequently do I see/hear people bragging up their company and how it is run.

Remember Mike. . . the first requirement for continual improvement is continual dissatisfaction!

Top Bottom