How does a major NC for a support site affect our certificate?

cinkar

Registered
Our remote engineering site received a major NC. They do not get their own cert, they are identified on our certificate as a remote/support location. Does the major impact the issuance of our certificate? We completed our audit in September and have been recommended for certification to ISO 9001/IATF 16949.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Does the major impact the issuance of our certificate?
I am sure that is covered in the IATF Rules document, which I don’t have, but I could bet some money that the NC affects the issuance of the certificate for the manufacturing site, for sure.

As always, the CB should be your first stop to ask the question. Apparently there is a failure to communicate. Both the audit team leader at the remote and the manufacturing sites should have covered that scenario and the implication on the certificate issuance during the exit meetings.

R

Roland Kelly

Sidney is correct, the short answer is that NC needs to be closed to the satisfaction of the Registrar, before new certificate issuance. I suggest contacting the Registrar ASAP and escalate to their senior management if they are not responsive in a reasonable amount of time.

This will be covered in the IATF Rules 5th Edition, available from IATF.

Regards,
Roland Kelly (former IATF Lead Auditor).
Omnex, Inc.

Top Bottom