How Does the US TV and Film Writers' Strike Affect You?

How does the writers' strike affect you

• Not at all - I don't watch much TV

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I'm disappointed my favorite shows are in repeats but I'll live

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I'll go totally postal without new Daily Show or Leno material

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't get/watch US Television stations.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
So this writers' strike is all over the news, no new episodes of various shows, networks are losing money because they're not meeting ratings guaranteed to advertisers, Letterman is paying writers out of his own pocket for the rest of the year, most people sympathize with the writers according to some polls, etc...

but I have yet to see a poll asking people how the strike affects them as individuals. So I'll take it upon myself and ask this audience at the cove...

How does this writers strike affect you as a viewer?

Last edited:
S

sfkevin

Re: US TV and Film writers' strike - how does it affect you?

What little time I have to watch anything is usually only the weekends, and that will be a move or I play games. Sorry they are striking and I hope they get something for there time, but I can take it or leave it.

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator

Well, it's not affecting me right now, at least not much. We watch more movies on cable stations than the usual sitcoms or dramas or whatever. I'm never up late enough at night to catch Leno or Letterman, either. We also like the music channels on cable. :D

I do hope that the writers' strike ends well for them, though.

B

Benjamin28

There are many many good books to read, I prefer a well written thriller/mystery over any television shows currently on the air so I'm kind of impartial about the strike. I hope they get what they want though, maybe that'll inspire them to write some shows that are worth watching.

B

Bobh@pte

When I do watch T.V. it's usually a sports channel, but most frequently I watch the Discovery channel or PBS. Doesn't affect me at all.

R

ralphsulser

Doesn't have any affect on my programs of interest such as DSC, Nat'l. Georaphic, History, and re-runs of Law and Order. Also some CNN and Fox news.

R

Randy Stewart

I don't watch much of the "local" channels so it really hasn't affected me. Usually I'll watch DIY, Discovery, History, or the Military channel, when I get a chance. I don't remember when I've seen a new episode of Spongebob Squarepants so reruns doesn't really bother me:lmao:.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

How does this writers strike affect you as a viewer?

It does not affect me at all. Forgive me for being blunt; most of what's on TV nowadays is cr@p anyway. But it sells ads....;) There are exceptions.

Stijloor.

K

Kevin H

Basically, I haven't watched TV in years. When I happen to catch part of a show I'm disappointed at how banal most of them are and if they have "science" in them I'm ususally appaled at the lack of accuracy.

So, no I'm not affected by the writer's strike.

Considering my perception of the quality of the product they generate, I'm not certain they deserve more money.

Top Bottom